kids tablets

Phantom

Mommy
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting my 4 year old a tablet for Christmas. He would mainly use it for watching videos and playing games, so I'm looking for one that is easy to use and not too complicated because he will get overwhelmed with too many options. It also needs to be kid-proof.

I was looking at the leapfrog epic but it got mixed reviews. There's one out there called Fire that looks neat. There are so many I have no idea which one is best for him. :shrug:

My son got the Innotab last year for Christmas and he loves it.. Though he uses my Samsung Galaxy Tablet and he loves that one too. and there is a way to put child locks and ect on it :)

DD got the LeapPad ultra 18 months ago and it is used so much by her, especially in the car etc the games are fun and educational and she also listens to music on it. It's really easy to use and has a simple user system so your child wouldn't be overwhelmed by it. You can also access the Internet on it but DD never uses this, if she wants to watch something on youtube or play an app she will ask to go on my iPad.

For xmas she is getting the kindle fire kids edition so she can play apps, use the Internet and watch tv. She occasionally uses my iPad and would have been over the moon with one of those but I wanted something more age appropriate and I think the fire fits the bill for that. Plus I love the 2 year guarantee against drops etc as I feel it's unfair at 4 to give her the responsibility of ensuring no damage occurs to her tablet- heck I'm in my thirties and I can't even manage to do that lol

My daughter has a Kindle fire. It has parental controls so I set up her profile and I put the apps on it that I want her to have. It was cheap too as I got it on sale for $69. I also bought the Kindle kids case (the one that comes on the kindle kids edition) and a 2 year warranty against accidents. I think all that came to just around $100. Well worth it. Daughter has dropped and thrown her kindle and nothing has damaged it. I did get the kindle fire instead of the kids edition so I could get 16 gb instead of 8. The kindles do have micro sd card slots to expand memory, but lots of the apps only work with the internal memory. Just something to keep in mind. She's had it since this summer before we went on vacation - 9 hour car ride is why I bought it in the first place - and so far we've had no problems with it.

I am looking at one for my daughter also. I am thinking of getting the Contixo. It's 80$ here on Amazon and it's a real android tablet. I really wanted one where I can choose from a large number of games, and run a browser (I am learning to program and I want to be able to make games for my daughter)

I have bought my eldest a Samsung galaxy tab 4 for her birthday in January. She uses my Hudl2 with ease and the galaxy is Android too. They are really easy to use, and can always change settings for the kiddies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->