Kids who bully....

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
Well we took jack to a soft play place today. 2nd time weve been there. He loves it, but theres always some older kid whos a bloody damn bully.
The 1st time we went, 2 kids who were about 5, backed him in a corner throwing balls at him and then pushed him over, i was livid. Then today, an older kid about 4, barged past him and whacked him in the face, and then later gave him a good smacking with this tigger toy, leaving jack in tears both times. He just stands there trying to protect himself, with this awful look of fear on his face. Hes not used to other bullying kids. I feel scared for him, its horrible. Poor kid. Hes just 2 btw.

I hate the idea of telling the other childs parents, (even though they should be watching their own children themselves) incase it turns into conflict.

How would others deal with bullying kids, and my son, who as yet doesnt know how to stand up for himself.

I would definately tell the parents. If my child was bullying another and for some reason I didn't know or see it, I would want to know so I could have a talk with her, and let her know that is unnacceptable.

I can't believe bullying is a problem at such a young age! They aren't even in school yet, and already kids are taught to be mean. Sometimes I wonder about what the heck parents are teaching (or not teaching) their kids!!

I'm sorry I don't have any real advice to give, I can only imagine how you're feeling hun. :hug:

Thanks, it was awful to watch (he was high up and by the time we got over etc) but the look of fear on his face was dreadful, its so hard to get out of my mind.

I would definitally tell the parents. But then again, I would be infuriated and probably cause a conflict. :dohh:
I wouldn't just do nothing, that might be showing your kid that just dealing with the bullying is alright. I would definitally inform the kid's parents, and if they dont do anything I would inform whoever is in charge of the play place that you have witness kids picking on your child and have informed their parents yet it hasn't stopped. Most likely they will handle the situation.

I told the other child to stop, and that it was naughty. But i didnt wanna get in conflict, and i didnt wanna be told "thats what kids do".

But maybe i should...
the kid today had already been told off for pushing over a 1yr old.

Thanks everyone...
im off to search for enough cotton wool to wrap up my precious boy!!

I to would want to kow if Grace was behaving like this. We had something like this happen when Grace was about 18 months old, a little boy was throwing balls at her head and i went and said something to the mother. She was fine with me and thanked me for letting her know, she told her son off and he didn't do it again xx

I hope that helps. It is hard for us though. I was heartbroken when the little boy was being mean to Grace !

ok thanks, im going to try and deal with it properly, if it should happen again. Or ill send my hubby over!! :haha:

So sad that it starts at such a young age now! This topic is one that really rives me up!

:hug:

Those parents are a bloomin disgrace! Was it a soft play are attached to a restaurant type place? I often see some parents 'dump' their kids in the soft play and disappear to the bar!!! Bearing in mind that the staff in the softplay are unlikely to be fully qualified in childcare.

Your boy shouldn't have to endure bullying when he's only trying to have fun!!!! But my guess is the bullys themselves probably get bullied a whole lot worse themselves at home!

I'd be livid! You did well to keep your cool!!

xxx

Those parents are a bloomin disgrace! Was it a soft play are attached to a restaurant type place? I often see some parents 'dump' their kids in the soft play and disappear to the bar!!! Bearing in mind that the staff in the softplay are unlikely to be fully qualified in childcare.

Your boy shouldn't have to endure bullying when he's only trying to have fun!!!! But my guess is the bullys themselves probably get bullied a whole lot worse themselves at home!

I'd be livid! You did well to keep your cool!!

xxx

Yeah it has like a Cafe attachment, and while we found the nearest table we could to the soft play to keep an eye on Jack, this boys mothers was sat on the last table at the back. It so annoys me that these kids are dumped, and the parents have no idea what they are getting up to. :hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->