• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Killer toothache - 4.5 Weeks

LunarSpoon

Cautiously Expecting #2
Reaction score
Anyone else get irritation in their teeth/gums early on? My left back molar was pulsing/throbbing the Friday before I got my BFP, and now a few days later my right back molar feels very pressurized and throbby. I know teeth/gums can take a hit with the increase in hormones, but this early? Sheesh.

And from what I've read, I can only take Tylenol... is this correct?

Every pregnancy its been mu first symptom, wisdom teeth for me.

Not sure on us drugs, sorry cant help x

Not sure if you do already but make sure you're flossing regularly (this is good generally but especially when pregnant) the bodies defences go into overdrive and can lead to gingivitis (gum disease).

Don't worry if it bleeds just keep going (gently). It's worth googleing the right technique as most people do not do it correctly.
The throbbing can be from the gums if they're getting inflamed.

(Btw I'm a dental hygienist not some odd ball with a passion for gums haha)
Hope you feel better! :) x

Yup. Almost week before my bfp I had an emergency visit with the dentist. Even scheduled to get my wisdom teeth removed. Had to cancel to reschedule when I get clearance from Dr. I was given amoxicillin and that cleared it up right away. Thankfully I didn't have to worry about pain meds after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->