Kim Kardashian

I used to go to school with a girl named Cinnamon Frost... I still firmly believe that her parents were willing her to become a stripper...

I went to school with a gril called Issee, pronounced exactly as it looks I see.

Which is Okay on it's own. Except her last name was Adoggh. Pronounced 'A-dog'.

I spent my whole time thinking it was a wind up. Unfortunately it wasn't. Rumor has it her mum was incredibly ill after she had her so her dad registered her...

My mum also taught a little boy called Diesel-Mental. Poor kid.

I went to school with a gril called Issee, pronounced exactly as it looks I see.

Which is Okay on it's own. Except her last name was Adoggh. Pronounced 'A-dog'.

I spent my whole time thinking it was a wind up. Unfortunately it wasn't. Rumor has it her mum was incredibly ill after she had her so her dad registered her...

My mum also taught a little boy called Diesel-Mental. Poor kid.

our fish have 2 sets of names, the ones our son picked (squishy, squash, squelch) and then a more adult version for when hes older as they live 40 years (Isse, Ash and Elle)

one is called Isse pronounced like Izzy but with an S sound

my friend also had a cat with the name Issy also pronounced like Izzy but with an S

with the double S I dont know how you would get the I sound shouldn't it be an IS sound like Is-see? (with just an elongated e sound)

Absolutely ridiculous.

I dislike names that are already something - like Apple its a fruit; or Blue (Blu) thats a colour; and now North a direction (yes last name West but thats different).

My kid will be Desk Pen S. no no no no

Outside of celebrities I haven't heard any names that meet my opinion of outrageous.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I dislike names that are already something - like Apple its a fruit; or Blue (Blu) thats a colour; and now North a direction (yes last name West but thats different).

Outside of celebrities I haven't heard any names that meet my opinion of outrageous.

I went to school with a guy called Southern (a direction) never really thought of it as that weird

also know a Scarlet and Amber which are both colors but no one would say weird

Absolutely ridiculous.

I went to school with a guy called Southern (a direction) never really thought of it as that weird

also know a Scarlet and Amber which are both colors but no one would say weird

And that's fine... "I" don't like them...not my preference.

North West would've sounded really cool on a boy. But on a girl? It sounds like a publicity stunt. Her nickname is apparently going to be Nori, as in seaweed. The seaweed thing is a little weird, but Nori is still better than North. Why didn't they just name her that?

i wonder what kids with names like a completely unusual think of their names.

I mostly thought Gwyneth Paltrow's choice of "Apple" was dumb because "it's biblical" was among her key reasons for giving it to her daughter. Yeah, okay, I guess the word "apple" does appear in the Song of Songs twice and the book of Joel once, but that hardly makes it a "biblical" word. We don't think of goat or pomegranate as "biblical" baby name options just because the words are in the Bible a few times.

I'm not a religious person, or very knowledgeable about the Bible - but I think that the apple in it mostly symbolizes the forbidden fruit, and opening the pandoras box of evil things in the world. I don't understand why you would name your child after that :wacko:

I'm not a religious person, or very knowledgeable about the Bible - but I think that the apple in it mostly symbolizes the forbidden fruit, and opening the pandoras box of evil things in the world. I don't understand why you would name your child after that :wacko:
Right. The Bible doesn't actually say that the fruit on the tree in the Garden of Eden was an "apple," it's just been commonly depicted as an apple in art for ages to the point that people often think that the Bible says that (and I'm betting that's what Paltrow was thinking). Even so, the apple in that case represents temptation, not innocence and purity.

There is the expression "the apple of my eye" found several times in the KJV, but that's actually an Old English expression that far predates the KJV. The Hebrew in those passages literally says something more like "little man in my eye" (i.e. the reflection in one's pupil). Maybe it was the "apple of my eye" phrase that Paltrow had in mind. Who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->