Kind of "trying". Using Maca

bnjwantababy

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I (I'm 27, he's 25) have been having consistent unprotected sex for over a year now. Lately, we've both been wondering why I haven't gotten pregnant. It's not that we had been TRYING, but we weren't trying to NOT get pregnant. I am feeling more and more ready to be a mommy, so I'm really starting to get concerned. I have regular periods, and I'm pretty sure I am ovulating because I have ovulation pain, plus the thick mucusy stuff almost every month. I was pregnant once before, when I was 19, but miscarried. I am very healthy, eat "clean", exorcize, take my vitamins etc.

I recently started taking maca, in capsule form, everyday. I've been taking it for 2 months now, 500 mg a day. Has anyone had any luck with maca? If so, how much were you taking a day?

Are there any other tips you can give me that won't put too much pressure on either of us?:wacko:

I've had a lot of success with maca, but only the powder. The capsules didn't work for me, but the powder (although I personally hate the taste) works very well for me. Can't say how much I'm taking, just a big spoonful.

Sorry to gatecrash but im intrigued.... whats macca? Thanks

Sorry to gatecrash but im intrigued.... whats macca? Thanks

Maca is a the root of a plant. It's known to have all sorts of health benefits, including aiding in fertility. I originally started taking it to help with my hormonal imbalance (seems to have helped) but now I'm hoping it will help me conceive. I attempted to attach a link to this, but it wont let me. Check out WellnessMama's blog. She has lots of great info about maca and just about lots of other cool stuff! :winkwink:

I've had a lot of success with maca, but only the powder. The capsules didn't work for me, but the powder (although I personally hate the taste) works very well for me. Can't say how much I'm taking, just a big spoonful.

I've never tried the actual powder. I might look into that if I don't have any luck with the capsules. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->