Kindle or Nook?

Snuffles

Mommy to a lovebug!
Reaction score
Well just as the title says, I'm debating between a Kindle or a Nook. I've heard good things about both, nothing negative really. I'm looking for one for both my mother and I and I'm not sure which one to go with. I don't really need the fancy ones with all the apps, the colors, or the movie features. Just one to read books on and maybe the occaisonal magazine or recipe, although they're not that important. So could you ladies help me figure out which one would be best for me? By this I mean if you own either of them, tell me what you like about it plus maybe some of the features? I also live in the US by the way if that makes any difference.

I've also heard about something called Kobo, but I'm not quite sure what that is.

Never heard of the nook but I have a kindle. I got it today, so far I think it's great.

I've heard the Nooks are garb. :shrug:

If it's for your mother, I'd make sure you purchase one with a backlight.

Really? Hmmm okay.

Well my mother isn't old lol she's only 41. I was thinking of getting her the standard Kindle with the buttons and possibly getting myself the Kindle Touch.

In that case get one kind for MIL and one for you, if you don't like it trade LOL

If it doesn't have a backlight she'll have to read it in natural light or near a lamp. Even then it casts a slight glare on the screen.

I've got a Kindle and love it :thumbup: I never have any problems with it having no backlight,books don't have a backlight either ;)

What exactly is the advantage of having a kind touch rather than kindle? I'm thinking of getting one too.

I have got a Kobo from WHSmiths and love it - it goes everywhere with me. I would give the Kobo a look if you have not done so already. Cheaper than the Kindle but in my opinion is a better e-reader.

I have a kindle and the not having a back light is the one thing that bothers me about it. I often cant sleep at night and so to have a back light would mean I dont have to try and use my phone as a light so as to not disturb others.

Kindle's are designed so you can read them as if you would a book.

You can get cases with built in lights and on ebay you can pick a case up for £6. I wouldn't get one that's back lit. You should read for very long with a back lit because they strain your eyes

I have read 4 books on my Kindle and I've not had any problems.

I love my kindle, couldn't manage without It now! And the fact that it can be hidden in my work diary is only a tiny bonus :winkwink:

I've not tried a nook but I have a kindle and I love it! especially the fact that battery life is amazing on it :flower:

I've had my Kindle just over a week and I've read 4 books lol :haha: slightly addicted but apparently that does slow down.

My Kindle lives in my handbag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->