Kitchen for 6 year old boy.

sweetcheeks85

Reaction score
So basically my 6 year old has asked a kitchen as his main present. Personally both me and his dad feel he is far too big for this but at the same time I want to get him one as he seems to have his heart set on it. We would prob give it as a joint present though for him and his sister who will 3 in Jan.

Any one got any recommendations for one that will suit them both? I was thinking of the ikea one as seemingly the height can be adjusted? Thoughts?

If you've a 3 year old as well I'd spend the extra and get the little tikes wooden one it also resells really well (i paid £100 on Very for ours a couple of years ago) and resold it 18 months ago for £75. Or the ikea one is a good idea for space/good value! My son outgrew his kitchen and he is 6 right before Christmas :( He does have a home corner in school though and loves it!

My daughter is 6 and in my opinion she is too big for the Ikea one now. We gave up the Ikea kitchen for a kidkraft kitchen, most of them are much higher and wider for 2 children to play together

Not sure what they have over there available but here they have great ones that would suit both ages very well :)

We had the little tikes one, sold it on last year when LO was five as he was too big for it.

Ok thanks Ladies think it is going to be difficult to find one suitable for him coz of his age by the sounds of it x

How about the bigjigs one?
Or any wooden one, if necessary add a little height with putting wood or something under it (that can be removed for younger child)

Another option would be a BBQ, elc used to do a lovely wooden one.

Aldi have got some wooden kitchens in next week. Not sure of size but reasonable price if only being played with for a short time

Yeah at 6 I imagine he would be too big for any of the available ones. What about some kitchen stuff he can use in the real kitchen with you? Maybe some baking stuff ect

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->