Knitting Whilst Pregnant Or TTC?

Sofiekirsten

Proud Mummy To Jacob
Reaction score
Thought this might be a good idea because I kow knitting is coming back in for younger people......

I am now knitting an all in one by sidar

sidar.jpg

Anyone making anything at the moment??

thats very cute, im not knitting at the moment, dont know where my stuff is but i made a scarf last, have some really cute kntted toys made by my friends

I'm looking to get into knitting soon, so that I have had some practice by the time that we have one on the way. That all in one suit is gorgeous! I'd love to be able to make something like that. What would you suggest would be a good place to start for a novice? Apart from having made a tea cosy at about 7 years old, I have literally never knitted!

tiny tots.jpg

I would definatley try an Easy Knit by sirdar, most of the easy knits are just knit and purl, or if you still can't get your head around a cardigan there are many patterns for scratch mitts and hats..........

Im half way through the all in one, as soon as I have finished it I will post a picture of it on here :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product :thumbup: I love bear suits anyway, so a handmade one is even more appealing.

Thanks for the advice. I have exams coming up at the end of the month, but I think once they are out of the way I shall give it a go. It'll be something I can do on the train to work to keep me awake! x

Aww thank you, I am knitting as we speak :thumbup:

Yeah sounds good if you need any help with it when you start let me know!

:flower:

Hey ladies,

Just an update on the all in one suit I'm making.....

frount and back now finished making the first sleeve at the minute!

Cant wait to see what it looks like when its finished!!

:flower:

Any more news on the bear suit?? I have started a blanket (by sirdar) for my friends little one, who is due in October. Figured I couldn't go wrong with something square lol! At the moment, it's only really big enough for a worm to sleep under, so got a way to go yet!

Ive just finished my very first cardigan! Im very pleased with it but the sleeves are waaaaay too long :haha: I think there was a typo in the pattern. Ive rolled the sleeves up and its not too bad for a first go, very happy with how the picking up stitches around the edge went too. Heres a pic, not got the buttons yet but Im going to use blue ones

https://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb126/shivles/DSC02061.jpg

Wow your all so good! I dream of being able to knit jumpers and all in ones

I've just started - literlaly just cast on (took 3 attempts :rofl:) and have just finished my 2nd row .. DH thinks its hilarious, but I needed somehting to do to stop myself nesting already, I simply cannot start washing baby clothes, towels and cleaning the house at 27 weeks!
Also we've just had a 7.1 earthquake and I need to 'do' something to take my mind off the aftershocks.

I've cast on 50 and am planning on doing a slightly rectangular blankie for my little lady, I have NZ flax/wool thats purple/lime green and pinky - kind of sounds gross but should look ok - hopefully.

How long does it take you ladies to do approx 50-75 rows and would that be the right amount to make the blankie slightly rectangular?

Thank you and sorry for being such a clueless nubie :blushL

Wow your all so good! I dream of being able to knit jumpers and all in ones

I've just started - literlaly just cast on (took 3 attempts :rofl:) and have just finished my 2nd row .. DH thinks its hilarious, but I needed somehting to do to stop myself nesting already, I simply cannot start washing baby clothes, towels and cleaning the house at 27 weeks!
Also we've just had a 7.1 earthquake and I need to 'do' something to take my mind off the aftershocks.

I've cast on 50 and am planning on doing a slightly rectangular blankie for my little lady, I have NZ flax/wool thats purple/lime green and pinky - kind of sounds gross but should look ok - hopefully.

How long does it take you ladies to do approx 50-75 rows and would that be the right amount to make the blankie slightly rectangular?

Thank you and sorry for being such a clueless nubie :blushL

on average 50-75 rows of 50 stitches would take me about 2-3 hours non stop knitting.

Do you have a pattern to go off or you just making it up as you go along? Its hard to say how big it will be/ long it should take. What size needles are you using, what yarn? xxx

Hey there

Wow, 50-75 rows in 2 hours - thats amazing!

Its 8 ply DK 100% wool yarn and 4mm needles - like this

I haven't really got a pattern, just cast on 50 and am knitting until it looks approx rectangular!
I'm hoping to take it to a local sewing place after and get them to edge in it satin, just a inch border all round to give it a little more size and shape.
I think when I try again (I bough 2 balls of wool! Might swop the other for a different colour) I might cast on 80 and make the next one a little bigger.

Will try to upload a pic of how its going so far :)

Ah I see, If you want to do a bigger one next time get some chunky wool and 8mm needles, it will knit up in a flash! ;) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->