Know this has been asked before....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by nineena, Dec 11, 2009.

1. nineena

nineena mummy to a gorgeous girl

Sorry tried to do a search but couldnt find anything specific. Can anyone reccommend a doppler to buy in the UK??? Am thinking of getting hubby 1 as part of xmas present then we can hear H/B on christmas day but no idea what's good and what's not xx Thanks :)

2. Misskitty

Misskitty Well-Known Member

Lots of people seem to recommend either the Angelsounds, or Hi bebe. Some people say they've managed to pick up hb as early as 8 weeks and others don't seem to hear anything til 16 wks+! Lots of ladies on here have had success with the Angelsounds one i think. I ordered one (which will hopefully have arrived today!) so i'll try it out and let you know!

3. nineena

Thanks misskitty :) I'll be 10wks on xmas day so who knows lol

4. jk28

jk28 Well-Known Member

Hi there

I've got the Angelsounds one, (about £25-30 on Amazon) & it's good. I didn't get it till I was about 12 weeks though, but did hear the heartbeat then!

Love Jayne x

5. bunnyg82

bunnyg82 Mum to 2 gorgeous boys

awww that sounds like such a lovely christmas pressie!

I can't wait to hear baby's hearbeat, I have been debating getting a doppler too, but not sure. xx

6. Jordicia

Jordicia Very proud Mummy of 3!

Hi, I have the Hi-Bebe bt-200 one with the lcd screen so it also tells you the heart rate. I have just found the heartbeat at 11+1 but i have a tilted uterus which makes things a little more tricky for me, you may be able to hear it earlier some have from 8 weeks. I bought mine from ebay for £49 inc p&p and it has been a brilliant investment. I will also be able to get all my money back when I have finished with it which is a bonus, more spendies for the baby :)

7. nineena

I was looking at the new angelsounds one that has lcd display on it it's £60 with postage....so tempted

8. Misskitty

Misskitty Well-Known Member

I got my Angelsounds doppler and it worked! I was really scared that it wouldn't and i'd end up worrying even more. It took about 10 mins to get used to it and find the heartbeat. I only had it for about 2 seconds to start with, but i soon got it back and was able to hold on to it long enough to call the OH up from downstairs to have a listen. It was only £20.99 from ebay with free p&p so for me was well worth the money. I have to admit i was a bit dubious when i opened it as it does look like a kiddies toy, but it works:happydance: