Korben is here :) x

poppy666

My family Complete x
Reaction score
Sorry ladies little late posting in here never get 5 mins spare :haha:

Here's my birthing Story

Friday 26th March 4am Waters Break at first i thought id wet the bed lol, walked back from the bathroom and woke OH up to say waters had gone, reply " Your F**king joking whilst jumping out of bed" Me stood there un lady like with a towel

After calming ourselves down with the shock ( 11 days early) we went down stairs to ring Hospital to be told to go up and get checked over etc..... So made a coffee & got ready to go, Arrived at hospital about 7am and went into assessment room whilst they used this tester to make sure was water ' which was confirmed yes'

Had to wait for my consultant to come onto shift to be allowed home due to being on Blood thinners for a prior clot i had, Midwife wasnt allowed to give me the all clear to go home and wait for labour to progress whithout consultant, 9am consultant finally came and said yes i can go but if nothing happened i had to report in Saturday morning at 9am to be put on a drip ( something i didnt want).

Went home and let everything sink in that baby was going to be here over the weekend and not his due date of April 5th Panic mode kicked in because we still didnt have everything ready lol so OH took over and ran around like an idiot sorting it.......

4pm OH decided to go Asda and then go get take away for me & the boys, whilst out i started getting niggly period like pains but thought nothing of it as i was so tired being up half the night just took some pain killers and waited for OH to come home with food. Around 6pm pains were getting stronger but id already talked about staying home as long as i could before going in because last thing i wanted was pinned to a bed and monitor all the time and not mobile so stuck the pain out BUT forgetting to keep an eye on the lengh of time i was contracting and how long they were lasting ,

8pm i was constantly in pain and they were getting more painful to the point i was making noises i didnt realise i was making and crying, so without realising OH rang the same midwife id seen early that morning asking for advice because i was adament i wasnt going in too early and convinced it was going to be a long long night ahead.

WRONG!!! Midwife could hear me in the background and timed a few whilst on phone ( 3-4 minutes apart) Immediatly told OH to get me in and i sounded like i wasnt handling the pain too well and they were too close togethor.

9pm got to hospital and couldnt walk from the car so OH got a wheelchair to get me into the ward, Got examined straight away and was only 2cm i was saying 'seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee told you id be all night and shouldnt of come in too early' lol but midwife convinced me seen as i was there i may as well go straight up to delivery as it was quiet and id be in safe hands, so was wheeled up to a larger room with all mod cons and i immediatly saw the Gas & Air and jumped on the bed and pipe straight in the mouth Arhhhhhhhhh now that was heaven ( gotta love Gas & Air lol)

9.30pm I thought i was dreaming whilst on the Gas & Air that i wanted to push, but wasnt, midwife said ' Carolyn you cant want to push we only just moved rooms and your only 2cm's' I replied whilst still inhaling the G&A, I wanna push NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Midwife dropped all my paperwork to come examine me whilst saying 'dont push' within 1 minute midwife started saying ' Carolyn push i can see the head

Pushing was a lot harder and i was soooooooooo tired i kept saying i couldnt do it no more, midwife kept telling me to stop growling into my throat and push down into my bum cos i was using all my energy LOL, but baby's head kept slipping back in at the second it was nearly out so took me a good 40 minutes to finally get his head out arhhhhhhhhhh WOW the pain had gone, then second later Korben slipped out

10.40pm One more push with the G&A and placenta just dropped out. THIS is where everything went wrong all i heard was grab the baby off her chest.

OH had to tell me the rest because i passed out.

Was told once placenta came out a massive amount of blood came out after this and the midwife had to pull the emergency cord three times to which the room was full of midwives, doctors and consultants. OH said they just tilted the bed i was on jabbed me with god knows how many injections and wired me up to 3 bags of different fluids, whilst trying to wake me up. Finally 30 minutes later i came round but passed out a further two occasions till finally the fluids kicked in and the bleeding stopped.

Supposibly id Haemorrhage and the placenta had just slid out without needing pulled or anything. OH was scared to death at the time but everything is fine now, waited about 6hrs to be transferred to the ward and finally let out home after bloods came back to say i was anemic now and needed to stay on iron tablets till my levels have risen, they dropped to 8 at the moment so dont know how long im on them.

Al in all a fast labour not what i was expecting and so glad my OH rang in to check should i go in because if it was up to me id of stopped home longer trying to deal with the pain and would of given birth at home and maybe woould of been in a worse situation because of the bleeding and no immediate care.

Korben born 26th March
Time: 10.35pm
Weighing 7lb 4oz
Length 51cm

Love him to bits!!! Worth every bit of pain

Just want to say thanks to B&B and all you ladies for support and advice wouldnt be without this forum xx Good Luck to all the new mummies to be & especially the April mummies yet to be

https://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll294/zana637/Korben/SDC12097.jpg

https://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll294/zana637/Korben/DSC00523.jpg

https://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll294/zana637/Korben/Korb021.jpg

awwwww he is gorgeous and dinky congratulations xxxx

What a story must of been awful passing out, hes a cutie love the third pic his nip nap is looks too big for his little self so cute!

He REALLY is gorgeous I'm loving the second picture he looks like a little girl.. Aaaahh you have done a very good job..x

He REALLY is gorgeous I'm loving the second picture he looks like a little girl.. Aaaahh you have done a very good job..x

Lol your not the first to say that :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->