Kushies arrived - how to begin?

MandaAnda

Reaction score
So, my new (bargain at 20 quid) pack of x5 Kushies Ultras have arrived (ebay cheapie, x2 preloved Pop-Ins and Spuggies wipes and liners on the way!). It says to refer to the leaflet for further instructions, but I can't find a leaflet in the packaging! Do I need to wash these first? I wanted some dummy guide type instructions so that I make sure I'm doing everything right but can't find anything. Anyone know?

the ebay is brand new hun not even used them myself yet ;) as for instructions not sure maybe google it?

if they are new kushies you will need to wash a few times to bring up the absorbancy level of the fabric and id use some disposible liners in them till you get some good ones, and ummm other than that "google" ?

Lliena, I've amended that! Yay, new!

Google didn't bring up their actual website, but it's www.kushies.com ..... :dohh: Got too excited and couldn't think straight.

Their online leaflet does say to pre-wash, but you guys think I should wash a few times (how many?)? Do I just wash with 1/2 of the detergent I'd put in a normal load, each time? And I'll wait until I've got my Spuggies liners before I put them on him.

Another thing, the flap bit that "folds in the front for a boy, in the middle for a girl, folds out for drying" isn't sewn up on the loose end. Could it be stuffed for more absorbency?

from what ive seen then they do say you can stuff them more with whatever you like lol you can stuff most nappies even all the AIO's but you dont get the AIO effect by stuffing it lol as you then have 2 parts to deal with lol just make sure the wraps still go around with the added stuffing lol

i would wash once with half powder at 60 then do a couple more at 40 ( dont have to dry inbetween ) just to make sure as they are cotton and cotton does need a few washes to get to best absorbancy

Thanks! As soon as this baby removes himself from "his" booby, I'll chuck them in.

Another thing - their leaflet says to presoak nappies in a pail for 24 hours. Now, I understood that most of you girls dry pail and that soaking can actually damage the nappy. Right?

yep i dont presoak but i do prespray bad stains with a mix made of water and napisan that i put in a cheap spray bottle from ikea lol just to give them a bit of a headstart i find spraying the poo stains that get onto the trim and fastenings areas helps getting them out

soaking before first use can help get absorbency up quicker than many pre-washes.

so you might consider soaking overnight then a good wash or two before using, only use 1/4 of normal dose of detergent though. it stops build up affecting absorbency.

after that soak though i wouldn't recomment any other lengthy soaks as it will wear the PUL outer out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->