Labor inducers

USAFWife319

Reaction score
How many of you have had the sex theory work for going into labor? I've seen different articles saying it works and some that say it doesn't.

I've read the same things... So the most intermediate answer I've found (and tend to believe) is that a single go-round of sex will not put you into labor, per se, but rather a steady practice keeps you closer to your due date (sometimes a little before, sometimes a little after).

I had been restricted from sex and my dr just gave me the go ahead. I asked if it would start labor (I was only 36 weeks) and she said it's possible but probably not. My guess is that if your body is ready things like that can maybe start things, but if labor wasn't right around the corner to begin with it probably won't happen(just my uneducated guess though!). I'm waiting til 37 weeks just in case, but honestly last pregnancy we tried at the end (I again was restricted til the end) and it hurt so badly I couldn't do it, so I guess that is a factor too ha ha! Worth a try though if it doesn't hurt!

We have dtd tonight so I'll let u know if it works. I'm guessing it only works if your body is ready.

With DS1, yes and no. It didn't make me go into active labor, but helped with early labor/latent labor. I was latent labor for about a month before I was induced with him, and helped me progress to being 4cm dilated and 100% effaced at the time I was induced.

This time around, DF was scared to have sex, especially when I was put on modified bedrest due to hypertension. Last time we dtd was about 28 weeks. I ended up going into labor on my own at 39 weeks.

i had sex with oh 9pm friday an woke 2.50am sat with back ache son born 12.55pm sat. Dunno if was sex or my body as i developed severe pre e in labour?.

You could try unripened papaya. I read that it causes the uterus to contract. Its recommended to be avoided in early pregnancy because of the effects it has on the uterus. The latex (milky substance) in the unripe fruit is what causes the contractions. (So ive read)

Worked for my first... Woke up a bit crampy, had sex and had o and it kicked me into labor. I honestly think it only works when your body is about to naturally go into labor on its own...

With my second I was in too much pain (SPD) to even think about sex, so what worked for me was stripping membranes. Went into labor about 12 hours later.

Haven't really tried anything with this baby yet but I think she's getting ready to make an appearance. I'm 3cm so its a waiting game.

Worked for my first... Woke up a bit crampy, had sex and had o and it kicked me into labor. I honestly think it only works when your body is about to naturally go into labor on its own...

With my second I was in too much pain (SPD) to even think about sex, so what worked for me was stripping membranes. Went into labor about 12 hours later.

Haven't really tried anything with this baby yet but I think she's getting ready to make an appearance. I'm 3cm so its a waiting game.

Were you early with your first two??
I was induced with dd1 then dd2 came on her own but not early. I see you said you feel like this one is coming soon. Have you felt baby drop yet? What signs have you gotten to make you expect baby soon? Aside from dilating.
I ask because I think my baby will be here soon too. I think he has dropped and my contractions are becoming more frequent and intense. Ife been to l&d on the monitor so many times. I just want to feel normal again.

I've been at 3cm for 2 weeks now. I didn't think I'd make it to 37 weeks and I ended up going into labor at 37 weeks exactly but they stopped my labor. He's engaged and it's been a miserable 2 weeks. I'm just ready for him to come at this point. I've had contractions but nothing consistent.

that's odd that they stopped your labor at 37 weeks. Normally if it's before 35 they'll stop it but if it's after that, they allow you to go.

that's odd that they stopped your labor at 37 weeks. Normally if it's before 35 they'll stop it but if it's after that, they allow you to go.

Unfortunately its not that odd in the US, especially in the smaller cities/rural areas of the south. :(

my labor was stopped twice with ds#1the first understandably so as it was 34 weeks but again very close to 36 weeks. I wish I had not let them stop it as he was finally born at 37 weeks because I wouldn't let them stop it again and he was muconium stained! I think they missed something or the frequent labor stopping put my lo under too much stress.
personally when I hit 36-37 weeks this time I will not allow them to stop my labor again as I believe that the docs around here are not always thinking of baby and momma, but themselves and their schedule instead.

Unfortunately its not that odd in the US, especially in the smaller cities/rural areas of the south. :(

my labor was stopped twice with ds#1the first understandably so as it was 34 weeks but again very close to 36 weeks. I wish I had not let them stop it as he was finally born at 37 weeks because I wouldn't let them stop it again and he was muconium stained! I think they missed something or the frequent labor stopping put my lo under too much stress.
personally when I hit 36-37 weeks this time I will not allow them to stop my labor again as I believe that the docs around here are not always thinking of baby and momma, but themselves and their schedule instead.

Ah okay, makes sense. I live in a fairly larger area. Town I'm originally from is 41,000, and I live very close to Peora and Bloomington/Normal area here in IL, and those are larger cities. Here they want you to at least get to term, but wouldn't stop labor if you are past 35 weeks, unless they feel that baby would benefit better staying in womb. My own doctors just wanted me to get to 37 weeks at least, put me on modified bed rest. That was more for hypertension but they also didn't want to have me go into labor before 37 weeks, or have to induce me.

They didn't intentionally stop it. The pain meds that I had gotten stopped it I guess it's one of the side effects which I wasn't happy about but I'm glad he's been able to bake longer. They told me they wouldn't forcefully stop it since I was 37 but they didn't reccommend me having him then.

It might be a coincidence but we had sex and a few hours later that same night my waters broke (38+4)!

I did however have reflexology 2 days before she was born also so I'm not sure which one was the trigger but I believe it was the intercourse as my waters went literally a few hours later! Although it was the first time we had sex in ages as it was too uncomfortable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->