Labor no epidural reassuring stories please

lauzacookie

Reaction score
Hi all im probably due to give birth next week and terrified, here in greece mostly hospitals give c section if any minor problem, but my little one is just in the right position im one of the lucky women given the choice of natural. which i have opted for.

although with a natural birth here they induce you with a drip in your hand and dont offer epidurals. i know this will all be worth it once i see his little face, but has any1 got any reassuring labour stories where epidural wasnt used..... to calm my anxiety a bit... thanks xxx

I didn't have an epidural. Had pethadine and has and air and managed fine. I enjoyed labour so don't worry

I didn't have an epidural. I'm not going to lie it hurt like hell. I had back to back labour and she came out with her hand by her head and took two hours pushing to get out. But you know what once they're birn you don't care, the pain doesn't matter any more.

Labour isn't easy but it's manageable... Some women's labours are easier than others. Back in the day epidurals didn't exist and all of our ancestors would have given birth naturally. Don't worry the human body is made to give birth!

As long as you have realistic expectations. It's going to hurt a lot but people do it every day. You'll be fine.
Water is great pain relief x

i have had 5 natural births with gas and air only i had an epidural with my first lo but the other 5 births where much better :)

I had an epidural with my first, hated it, the rest no pain killers at all and they were fab. If you're allowed to be mobile, do it x

I had a natural childbirth with ds and it was amazing, I arrived at hospital at almost 10cm and got straight into the water birth pool, had some gas and air and 2 pushes and he was out. I'm DEFINATLY hoping I have a similar experience this time. The things that helped me get thru the pain was doing breathing excersizes, (in thru the nose, out thru the mouth) trying not to panic and make your self anxious as this can make the pain a bit worse, keeping upright most of the time, contractions hurt more when id lie down, and having dh there just for support was amazing xxx good luck xxx

Good luck ! Just wanted to say ... Try stay and labour at home as long as possible. This makes unecessary interventions less likely. It's also so much easier to manage pain in the comfort of your own home

I had a really good labour with my first. I was induced and managed on gas and air, I think the contractions hurt way more than the pushing stage but if you time the gas just right it's not as bad. I had RLT from 34 weeks to help prepare my uterus and only had just over a 2 hour labour xx

I had a really good labour with my first. I was induced and managed on gas and air, I think the contractions hurt way more than the pushing stage but if you time the gas just right it's not as bad. I had RLT from 34 weeks to help prepare my uterus and only had just over a 2 hour labour xx

What is RLT? I'm not familiar with that acronym but love to prepare- especially anything that can make labour faster!:haha:

Ive had 3 one normal 2 induced one with drip one without and never needed an epidural ull be fine x

I had a natural birth with my dd. I had a 3rd degree tear but we won't go into that!! I had to have an epidural afterwards to get everything sewn up (again-you don't wanna know!!) and I hated it. I hated not being able to feel my legs, having a catheter not being able to move etc. I'd rather go through the pain of a third degree degree with a bit of gas and air than have an epidural next time!!

Munchkin I was exactly the same as you - natural birth with no pain relief and 3rd degree tear! I am hoping to have a natural birth again. X

I've had 3 births one induced with a drip at 34 weeks and only ever had gas and air with them. It's pain full but it's a pain that's worth it. It really isn't that bad just focus in your end gift. Good luck xx

My second child was all-natural, meaning ZERO pain relief (no gas and air, nothing). The end stages were quite painful, I was sweating and moaning and honestly, yeah, it sucked. In truth, though, that part was only for the last 10-15 minutes or so. Up until 9-10 cms, I found labor to be quite bearable. I also didn't find pushing to be very painful, more of a relief to get rid of the contractions! I also didn't tear, so no stitches.:thumbup:

Clearly it wasn't so horrible, because I'm planning to do it without any pain relief again for this birth! It's just like... the worst gas cramps you can imagine, and they don't let up. But our bodies are meant to do this, you can get through the discomfort and pain and you will have a beautiful baby in the end so it's all worth it. You will do fine, I promise!:hugs:

I had a great labor and delivery with my first with no pain medication at all. It hurt, obviously but was totally doable in my opinion. Second baby due any minute now and hope to have just as good of a story!

I only had g&a with my DD (was happy to go with whatever pain relief I needed) I didn't need anything else I just went along with what my body was doing I found being on my knees leaning on the bed helped ease back pain & stayed like that when pushing.

Yes it hurt but I kept calm kept breathing listened to mw instructions when pushing & everything went just fine.

I would really hate not being able to move my legs & unfortunately had to have a catheter cause I bled a lot, so hoping to avoid that this time!

If we can all do it so can you :flower:

Thank you every1 for your replies, doc told me i will have a drip which will make labour go quick not sure what else in pain releif they offer.... will have to wait and see... feel a lot better tho thanks xxxx

I had a fast first labour, not induced, it ended in a ventouse and episiotamy so I had a local anasthetic when they cut me but no epidural. I'm confident enough to go for a home birth this time, so no epidural again. Once you get to pushing stage the pain changes to be much more manageable as you feel you're getting somewhere and the pushing helps you deal with the pain.

The idea of epidural is very off-putting to me.
I had a very easy delivery with my first baby, despite her being a whopping 9lb 10oz! I laboured and gave birth in the birthing pool, and had gas and air for pain relief. No problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->