Labor no epidural reassuring stories please

Nothing to add, but thank you all for the encouragement! This is my first and I am doing an at home water birth with no meds. I am overall very excited and doing lots of exercises to help make labor easier and perineal stretches, but I still am nervous that I won't be as calm as I wish to be.
We work ourselves up so much and make it worse with our anxiety, that I really don't want to add to the pain you already feel.
Just keep thinking about this little girl I am going to have in my arms at the end...

We can do this!

I had both my girls with zero drugs. Second was sunny side up! Labor and birth are no walk in the park but the pain is instantly
Gone once baby arrives and so worth it. Look at all the women who have had babies before us. It is not only doable but our bodies were designed to go through it. U can do it. Stay strong. And my one piece of advice is just try not to focus on the pain but find a inner strength and go to that. The contractions will peak and the baby will crown. Go to that place and before you know it you will have your baby. Sounds hippie but the mind is very powerful.

Good luck ! Just wanted to say ... Try stay and labour at home as long as possible. This makes unecessary interventions less likely. It's also so much easier to manage pain in the comfort of your own home

I completely agree with this... stay at home as long as possible, and try to stay busy do some kind of easy project while in the early stages... dont just lay around trying to cope

Good advice i got: Labor hurts, you WILL have to work hard, and you CAN do it!!! :):thumbup:

thanks for all your replies but little 1 here now, had no pain releif and epidural and was in labour about 10 hours after my waters broke on there own at home they had to cut me as i needed 9 pushes but my little bundle finally here and hes perfect xxxx

Congrats and well done ! It's all worth it in the end :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->