Labour Music - Need your Fav Songs!!

taperjeangirl

Reaction score
So I am filling my IPod with songs for my labour, I have just had a playlist on my ITunes since I was about 3 months pregnant and keep adding songs to it.

I went out today and bought a new speaker docking station for it and I am in the process of puting all the songs on my IPod.....But.........

I only have 4.8 hours worth of songs that I am liking at the moment! Which is weird as we have about 20 days worth of music on ITunes and I can only find 4.8 hours worth!!!
While I am hoping for a relatively short labour, I know the chances are pretty slim as I was 24 hours last time!

So I need more songs to add, what is your favourite songs, maybe some of you can give me more ideas for songs to download?!

Thank you muchly!

:hugs:

P.s. They don't have to be soothing!!! Most of my list isn't soothing!

You wont get soothing from me...

Heres a few of my favs...

Dance, Dance - Fall out Boy
Artist in the Ambulance - Thrice
Savin' Me - Nickleback
Vermillion pt 2. - Slipknot
White and Nerdy - Weird Al
Amish Paradise - Weird Al
Fine Again - Seether

None of them are heavy compared to what I usually listen too. But probably a change for ya.

Do all hospitals allow you to have the speakers on or do you have to use earphones?

I have no idea what your tastes are, but I plan to use some of these:
For calm, focus and relaxation, I'm going to use Baroque music, particularly Bach and Vivaldi. I'm starting to play these for baby, so I am hoping this will help relax both of us. If you aren't familiar with classical, but are interested in this idea: I am going to use the Bach Brandenburg concertos, unaccompanied suites for both cello and violin and a whole bunch of different Vivaldi concertos (lots to choose from, including Four Seasons).
For something more energizing to keep me walking around during labour, I am still deciding.

I have no idea what your tastes are, but I plan to use some of these:
For calm, focus and relaxation, I'm going to use Baroque music, particularly Bach and Vivaldi. I'm starting to play these for baby, so I am hoping this will help relax both of us. If you aren't familiar with classical, but are interested in this idea: I am going to use the Bach Brandenburg concertos, unaccompanied suites for both cello and violin and a whole bunch of different Vivaldi concertos (lots to choose from, including Four Seasons).
For something more energizing to keep me walking around during labour, I am still deciding.

I am familiar with Classical music, as I played Violin and my Dad is a total music geek (everything from the Beatles to Bach!)
There are some pieces I find relaxing, my Dad has been sending CD's for the baby to listen to while in the womb!

I will add a few to my list xxx

Savin' Me - Nickleback
Fine Again - Seether

None of them are heavy compared to what I usually listen too. But probably a change for ya.

Becky........ I have a feeling you and my OH would get on well!!!

Shake It - Metro Station
Never Too Late - Hedley (yes I know, all the Canadians here are cringing)
Hot and Cold - Katy Perry
Lay It On The Line - Divine Brown
Distrubia- Rihanna

And then of course there's that "When I Grow Up" by the Pussycat dolls which seems to either be a hit or miss (miss for me).

If you want relaxing stuff that puts you in the zone, Beautiful Smile by Cafe Del Mar really zones me out

Shake It - Metro Station
Distrubia- Rihanna

And then of course there's that "When I Grow Up" by the Pussycat dolls which seems to either be a hit or miss (miss for me).

If you want relaxing stuff that puts you in the zone, Beautiful Smile by Cafe Del Mar really zones me out

lol I've not heard of any of these!

Shake It - Metro Station
Distrubia- Rihanna

lol I've not heard of any of these!

hah I listen to everything. I had over 3,000 songs on my computer before I had to reformat

I am familiar with Classical music, as I played Violin and my Dad is a total music geek (everything from the Beatles to Bach!)
There are some pieces I find relaxing, my Dad has been sending CD's for the baby to listen to while in the womb!

I will add a few to my list xxx

Hey! Me too! I played violin for about 18 years and now it's gathering dust in my closet!:blush:
I regularly use those composers I mentioned to help me focus when I have to write, so I thought they might help keep me focused in labour, too.
My husband plans to slip some Iron Maiden into baby's listening program somehow! It's fine with me - just not what I'd relax to! :)

hah I listen to everything. I had over 3,000 songs on my computer before I had to reformat

Now you've challenged us! Just looked on iTunes and we have 17959 songs, amazingly it's 1001.8 days worth of play time!!!

Savin' Me - Nickleback
Fine Again - Seether

Becky........ I have a feeling you and my OH would get on well!!!

Well maybe we'll meet some day since we live 20mins away! Haha, he'd like my partner.

Now you've challenged us! Just looked on iTunes and we have 17959 songs, amazingly it's 1001.8 days worth of play time!!!

:shock: wow!

I'm sure you'll have loads of music to get you through labour :)

Which would be fine if a bunch of it wasn't my DH's stuff. We share a lot of music tastes but some are his own special thing! lol

I can't even think what I might like to listen to in labour but it is something I've wondered about. DJ DH while I'm in the kitchen in a pool popping the sprog! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->