Lack of ovulation on Clomid

I think it depends on where you are, as to whether you can have a scan. It's usually carried out around CD12-14, because that's typically when ovulation occurs on the drugs. I guess there's no harm in asking?

Hi everybody,

I've tried clomid x4month and the mixed with femera x1 month, all (except the first month!) I DIDNT ovulate. I have slight PCOS, but it you lent be effecting me this bad!

Has ANYONE heard of taking the birth control pill for a month to regulate your hormones, then resume treatment? My fertility doc. Ordered this...

ANY HELP???.

Yes - it's something that is often done, actually. The pills will bring all your hormone levels, and they put you on it in the hope that all your levels will essentially be "reset", therefore increasing your chances of getting pregnant, either completely naturally, or with fertility meds.

I don't know if you have heard of ovarian drilling...but it's basically doing the same thing as that? But without the need for surgery. Normally, if you show improvement, it tells your FS whether it's worth trying the ovarian drilling or not :flow:

Have you had ovarian drilled before? That sounds so intense! I'm mean, I'm up for anything if it'll work. I thought they didn't do that as much anymore. I'm 31years old, so time is on my side.....but not for too much longer!!!

I've been told that, if this cycle doesn't work, they will put me on the pill for three weeks. If that seems to reset my hormone levels, then I can have a few more cycles of femara, before being put forward for the drilling. I had a lap and dye a few weeks back, and they have said I won't feel any different to how I did then...it's only two small incisions :)

A lap and dye... Ill have to look into that. It sounds like your on the same road as myself. Have you flushed out your Fallopian tubes? "Cleaning the pipes", so to speak. Lol.
Ae you working I with a reproductive endroconologist? I'm in BC, Canada. I'm assuming you've done the whole Clomid thing... Have you mixed it with femera?

My doc. Just ordered me to take Clomid AND Tamoxifen for 10days, after my 3week birth control cycle... If that doesn't work, he'll look into metformin. I'm slim in nature, average size I guess... But I do have PCOS. Have you used B.C to reset your hormones before?

Thanks for your input, really!

The dye part of the lap and dye was to check my tubes...the lap was to check for endometriosis.

I had to take the pill for a few months about a year ago, but it didn't really do anything. Hopefully it will next time though! Not with a RE, just my FS :thumbup: haven't taken both but I'm resistant to clomid so that might be why. I respond well to Femara anyway! Always ovulate, usually with three follicles :dohh:

Hey girls!
So I took my first dose of mg Clomid CD3-7 (50 mg didn't work) and now am on CD16 and have been HORRIBLEY emotional and have had horrible cramping for The last 3 days. The only way I can explain it is like a tooth ache in my pelvic area! It's sore if I put any pressure... Even walking hurts sometime through out the bank. Have any of you ladies experienced this?!

Hey ladies its been a while was wondering how are you guys doing whats the statues update :)

Hello!

Still not pregnant, but trying....still. I found the combination of clomid 100mg + tamoxifen 20mg x10days, plus accupuncture seems to make me ovulate. So that's what we're doing! Still no luck, but soon enough, ill have that buntin!
Thanks for checkin in!

I haven't had a bfp yet either :( did over a year of fertility treatments, which amounted to nothing. I was ovulating, but no bfp!

Now, I'm waiting to do ivf. It's scary! But since stopping the fertility meds, I have started acupuncture as well, and am proud to say that I currently have my first AF in about 7 years! So the acupuncture is clearly doing something!

Really good to hear from others. Hopefully some good news will come our way soon.... xxxx

hopingmomma how many cycles are you gonna try on clomid? and hpw many cycles have you done?

Nlk im sorry the treatments didnt give you the BFP (its funny how excited some of gets when af shows her face lol)

have you guys tried fertilitea its a tea that helps with irregualr cycels ive been on it for about a month they say its really good for women with pcos if you guys wanted to try ii havent got af since jan and jan was the last time i was on med for ttc so without med i get no af :( so but since the tea ive been feeling like my body is tryna kickstart itself but just thought i recommend it never know right i do hope and will keep both of you ladies in my prayers and hope that you guys get your BFP FX huns

Haven't tried it, no...I was planning on giving AC (vitex) a try, because that's essentially a natural clomid, but since I got AF naturally I don't want to risk it now! If I go ages without my next AF then I will, but for now I will see what my body is trying to do by itself!

nlk keep me posted are you gonna test for O this month ?

Wasn't going to..we're taking a break from ttc for a bit, so I don't really want to get too into it. Typical that the minute we take a break, I get my first natural AF in 7 years! Haha!

aww but thats good then keep your mind off of all the ttc and wondering a getting all worked up :)

I did 8 rounds with clomid up to 200mg with no O at all. This cycle will be my first with femara. I hope it does the trick, but Im trying not to get my hopes up. I was so excited when I started the clomid because I thought Id finally found my answer, and when I was told I still wasn't ovulating I was devastated. I cant handle another disappointment.

kwaggy good luck on femarai found it better to deal with the side effects were less :) i hope this does the trick for you hun

kwaggy good luck on femarai found it better to deal with the side effects were less :) i hope this does the trick for you hun

Thank you, so far so good. I havent had the side effects I did with clomid. I go for a scan on wed to see of anything is developing. Fingers crossed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->