Lack of sleep messing up cycles?

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
Can this happen?

I was on night's last night and was awake for 22 hours. Came back and iv only had 3 hours of sleep and im wide awake. Now im on nights tonight aswell and was wondering if this would have any effect on my cycle?

Help please!

The things i can find say how your cycle can affect your sleep but not the other way round

Yes, most likely, if it leads to stress in the body then it can delay ovulation.

Not sure.

I've often worked nights and often only got 2 or 3 hours sleep while I am on them with no change to my menstrual cycle even when I was off the pill.

Any ideas about towards the end of your cycle?

Your luteal phase can change, but not usually by much! Are you sure you ovulated? If so, when? Should your period have already arrived, if so then you should get an accurate result on a pregnancy test.

Im gessing i ovulated about 2 weeks ago as thats when my boobs started gettin sore like they normaly do. Af was supposed to be here yesterday and normaly my bbs will go back to normal the day before AF arrives and their still huge and sore. I dont want to get my hopes up and test get a :bfn: and then come on 4 hours later as per usual when i poas:rofl:

Get one and do one in the morning, it could be possible that you tried but failed to ovulate.

You've not long stopped ur pill/implant really so you cant expect them too be perfect i mean ur only a day late? Also i think u wanna get pregnant that much thats probably effecting it really u just need to chill out and let ur body do what it wants id start worrying about cycles and eveything else in two years when u actually start ttc!

POAS is the best way to bring on your period. I bet there is official scientific evidence on that

You've not long stopped ur pill/implant really so you cant expect them too be perfect i mean ur only a day late? Also i think u wanna get pregnant that much thats probably effecting it really u just need to chill out and let ur body do what it wants id start worrying about cycles and eveything else in two years when u actually start ttc!

But thats the thing. I dont want to get pregnant yet. I want to loose some weight and go to ibiza in may and i cant do that with a baby.
And as for telling me to chill out i am chilled. Its you thats stressing me out by saying im pregnant. I was just wonderng if my lack of sleep could be the reason and that it will come when i get a propper nights sleep.

POAS is the best way to bring on your period. I bet there is official scientific evidence on that

Yep happens with me every time but im to tight and cba to go get some hpt to get a bfn and then come on 3 hours later:rofl:

But thats the thing. I dont want to get pregnant yet. I want to loose some weight and go to ibiza in may and i cant do that with a baby.
And as for telling me to chill out i am chilled. Its you thats stressing me out by saying im pregnant. I was just wonderng if my lack of sleep could be the reason and that it will come when i get a propper nights sleep.

:rofl::rofl: get over ur self i was joking! I hardely belive ur going to get pregnant magicly do i!and if u dont want to get pregnant wats all this about a bfn beeing a disapointment?

anyway enuff bickering wats with the dates in ur siggy?

Stop being lazy and go read it in my journal. It would be a dissapointment cos it would get me out of this 2 year wait but i want to go party in may. Hmmm now if i kick his arse into gear and turn his sperm into super sperm by may thats another question:rofl:

i wanna go to florida i cant wait 8 years! off to ur journal i go...u seen my prego on anyway?

read ur journal makes sence now! good idea, 7 years actually because well whats the point in going to florida untill both babys are old enuff to enjoy it!? i thought any younger than 6 is too young by the time the new baby is that age it'll be 7 years time! and charlie will be 8! all makes sence too me 6 and 8 seems like a lovely age too go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->