lacking willpower for diet :(

manda1810

Reaction score
I really want to go on a diet, in the past I've done weight watchers and slimming world which both worked but unfortunately, I've put the weight back on since. I really want to lose the weight and have the incentive of a wedding in august that I've got a lovely dress for (that is currently too tight), the problem I find is that, being very short of money, I can't afford to join a slimming club and often meals have to consist of whatever food is on offer at the supermarket so calorie control can be tricky. I also am a terrible snacker :( can anyone suggest ways I can cook very cheap low calorie meals and how can I snap out of snacking :)

tbh- I had the same issue for years... just lacked the motivation I needed to stick to any "diet" or weight loss regemin (other than finally joining the gym and going almost daily- but that only helps so much- as most of weight loss comes from food, and I LOVE food hahaha)...

After I had my LO- I was motivated to lose that extra weight- and then figured, why not just keep going and lose those extra lbs I'd been carrying around for years?! So I got the Loseit app (you can also do it online at loseit.com)- but for me, having the app on my phone and handy was a HUGE help. It tracks your food (calories) and workouts- and the more you workout, the more you eat- Hello! It's very simple. Which I like, as I never stuck with counting points or types of food- just too much for me!

I would highly recommend you give it a go. There are many free apps for this type of thing- I used Loseit cause a friend recommended it- but there is also MyPlate and MyFitnessPal... you have to input/look up foods in the beginning- but after a time, it's all in there and easy. You can search for food through the app too. You tell it your current height/weight, what you want to lose per week (I only did 1lb to keep it easy) and then it averages what you should eat to maintain, and then takes off what you need to do to lose weight...

Hope it helps! Best of luck :) btw- there is a maintanence mode - so once you lose the weight, you can maintain more easily.

I used myfitnesspal. When you know what you're eating, its so much easier to control it. x

I eat whatever the heck I want, I just make sure it's within the right calorie range. You can lose weight eating nothing but cheesecake or just rice/broccoli/chicken, it's really up to you, as long as it's the right amount. Granted, you'll feel better iff you make better choices, but at the end of the day it's more important to eat the right amount.

And you have to decide once and for all... is that extra serving really worth another day of not meeting your goal?

Definitely use myfitnesspal. It's a great eye opener!

Also look for josielenore on YouTube for videos about binging, snacking etc.

I am subscribed to this thread to see if I get some inspiration! I want to do a healthy high protein diet for IVF, just can't seem to get started! Don't want to lose weight or put it on though.

I am tooootally not disciplined at all when it comes to food, so I've started taking Zumba classes because they are really intense. I did some research on Zumba and it burns around 700 - 800 calories, depending on how much you put into it. I'd rather work my butt off with Zumba and have a little more wiggle room in my diet than have a really strict diet.

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I'm definitely going to check out the apps you mentioned. Have been feeling particularly down the past few days (hormones!!) Although I did feel slightly better after a bike ride :) having also found some lovely summer clothes I'd forgotten I had, am really hoping to slim down a bit so they're not as tight! Will keep you posted on my motivation situation (that rhymes lol!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->