Lactation?

r0ckislove

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have a daughter who will be two next month, and I have not breast fed her in about 18 months. A little after I stopped breast feeding (everything dried up), the doc put in a Mirena IUD. Just on April 4th, I decided to get that removed. I was on my period while I had it removed (got my period around april 1st or 2nd) . So, on April 16th, which would have been the time around ovulation (i had discharge that monday and tuesday) my fiance and I had a little accident...conveniently on that day lol. So right now i would be approx. 7dpo. Since saturday (5dpo) I started producing breast milk. I noticed leakage in my bra, and when I squeezed white milk came out. My nipples are also darker and I am having a tingling sensation that is like a lighter version of milk letdown. Also, I have intermittent sharp pains through both of them, but they aren't that sore to touch. The only other "symptom" I have experienced was the cramping feeling like I was going to get my period over the weekend, but nothing happened. I did take a test yesterday, and it was negative obviously because it was too early. So, I was just wondering if anything similar happened to anyone else! I am thinking either pregnancy (although it may be too early to experience any symptoms), or a possible hormonal imbalance due to the Mirena removal. However, no where I researched said that Mirena removal can cause that. I don't really remember the early symptoms I had with my daughter either! Thanks :)

I haven't been TTC so I can't relate to whether this has anything to do with the IUD removal or a possible pregnancy, but I stopped breastfeeding over a year ago and when I squeeze my breast/nipples (as though I was hand expressing) I still get a bit of whitish milk coming out. I haven't found anyone else who has had the same thing, but this has been continual for me ever since I stopped bf'ing.

Let us know if you get a BFP though! It'd be great to know if I can expect something similar (or an increase in production) when/if I get a BFP!

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"