• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ladies, I need some support...

sailing_girl

Wife and mummy!
Reaction score
Here's my story - I miscarried back in June at 8 weeks (the baby had died at 6 weeks but I didn't start bleeding until 8 weeks) and it was so hard. We tried again and finally got our BFP in December.

I am now 10 weeks 5 days and yesterday I started spotting. I went to my doctor and he checked me out and found my cervix tightly closed and no sign of any blood. He also checked my uterus and said it was measuring perfectly. He tried to hear baby's heartbeat with the Doppler but couldn't and said that was perfectly normal because baby was hiding behind the pubic bone. He did tell me to take it easy for the next few days as a precaution.

So here I am, exactly 24 hours later. I have had more spotting (mostly brown blood but sometimes some pink discharge) and I'm so worried. I'm home alone cause my husband is out of town until tomorrow night. I'm so scared - we want this baby so much and I don't understand why I'm bleeding/spotting!

There is no point in going to the hospital as they only do ultrasounds on weekdays and since it's Friday afternoon, I'd have to wait until Monday at the earliest to get one. Last time, when I was miscarrying, I started bleeding on the Saturday night and didn't get an ultrasound until Wednesday. Hence why I don't see the point in dragging myself down the the ER.

Any suggestions? Why am I bleeding? I've been praying to get to the 12 week mark safely and I was so close! I'm feeling so alone and sad right now.

I'm sure you've been told that bleeding in early pregnancy is so common and doesn't mean that anything terrible is going to happen but I also know that hearing that won't really help!!
If the doc did an internal exam that can cause the bleeding as the cervix is ultra touchy right now and old blood can take quite a while to show.
Is there no one you can go spend some time with rather than sitting worrying on your own? If you feel you can't go to the hospital to get checked out maybe you need to find someone to talk to?
I'm sorry you're on your own and it's impossible not to worry but don't give up hope.
Take care
xx

I bled for the first trimester of pregnancy, also after a m/c. I know it's hard not to worry. I certainly did. I understand. Try to breathe though, you will be okay. I agree you should go spend time with someone, or have someone come over, instead of being alone.

Any updates - has it stopped - did you attend hospital for weekday scan??? xxxxxx

I also am curious how things are going! Let us know!

Hey ladies,
Thanks for asking! The bleeding stopped on Saturday night and I haven't had any since (it's now Tuesday night). All my symptoms are still going strong (I puked in the bushes outside my house when I got home....sorry TMI) and my BB are still tender. I have been having a lot of "twinging" in my sides and every time I go to the bathroom, I say a little prayer of thanks that there's no blood. I'm hoping that the blood was from trauma from the doctor's exam......
Anyway, I have another doctor's appointment in a week (next Tuesday) for my 12 week and 2 day check up....my doctor's going to see if he can hear the baby's heartbeat (which he HOPEFULLY should!) and then he said he'll give us the green light to tell everyone. I'm not sure how fast I'll tell people though...after miscarrying, it makes me so much more cautious this time around. Last time I told a BUNCH of people at 6 weeks cause I was so excited and then was heartbroken two weeks later. We'll definitely tell my hubby's parents though....I think DH has been a bit upset that I told my mum and brothers and he hasn't been allowed to tell his family.....my logic is that my family is all overseas and I don't have to actually see their faces if something goes wrong....is that weird? I just don't want a ton of people knowing if something happens.....

Anyway, thanks so much for checking in on me. I've been trying to rest and take it easy the past couple days and am feeling much better. Thanks again for all your support - it is much appreciated!!!! :hugs: to you all!

Glad all is doing better. Yeah blood was probably from doctor's exam. I'm 29 weeks and had an intrusive internal exam yesterday to check my amniotic sac and I bled a little after...lol.

I am so glad to hear you are doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"