Ladies I've done something silly :o

Bexybram

Reaction score
Ok so please don't give me stick I know I should of but I was in the bath n washed my hands n I wanted to see what my cervix felt like and I could get more then a finger tip into my cervix I panicked and stopped straight away but I could deffo get more then a finger tip n their and cervix was really soft could I have done something bad and should my cervix be that soft and should I be able to get more then just my finger tip in their :O xxx

Sorry about the spelling mistakes I'm panicking :( xxx

I think whatever you typed this on made alot of typos lol, I think I get the idea of it...! Don't worry about it, I'm sure you haven't damaged yourself x

Don't worry I'm sure it's fine. In my previous pregnancy I've checked my cervix in the end a few times just out of curiosity and nothing ever happened.

I wouldn't recommend constantly doing it though because of infection. But you did it once, nothing bad will happen now.

Thanks ladies and sorry about spelling n mistakes in post I was freaking out I will defiantly not be going in their again lol I was just curious n now I feel,really bad thanks for putting my mind at ease :) xxx

It was the defrost bit that got me confused! Lol x

is this your first or second baby? because if its your second your cervix will always be slightly larger than in women who havnt had a baby before. It will seem more open but i wouldnt worry, its perfectly normal. If it is your first baby, you can begin effacing and dilating weeks, even months before your baby is due to arrive. I honestly wouldnt panic, but perhaps leave the checks to the midwife in future lol xx

It's my first and thank u I will never play midwife/doctor ever again iv learnt my lesson lol xxx

Don't worry I'm sure it's fine. In my previous pregnancy I've checked my cervix in the end a few times just out of curiosity and nothing ever happened.

I wouldn't recommend constantly doing it though because of infection. But you did it once, nothing bad will happen now.

My sister and I were talking about infection the other days as I check often plus had to put progesterone up there daily. Midwives wont do cervical check here unless there is a real need for it so we know no nothing until labour but what about sex? Is that not classed as still putting something in therr? Not sure how that works

Where or how far up in there exactly is the cervix and how would you find it? what does it feel like? Just curious lol :shrug:

My sister and I were talking about infection the other days as I check often plus had to put progesterone up there daily. Midwives wont do cervical check here unless there is a real need for it so we know no nothing until labour but what about sex? Is that not classed as still putting something in therr? Not sure how that works

I think the difference is that sex does not penetrate the cervix whatsoever, whereas when you are checking for dilation they stick their fingers in your cervix. I also think we get a lot more germies on our hands from touching everything throughout the day than our partners do on their nether regions. Just my opinion, though, as I don't really know :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->