Ladies....what is your average BBT?

doctorsookie

DS (19) DD (12)
Reaction score
I never tried OPK or BBT tracking before but this month I started at the advice of my OB/GYN who told me I better get busy if I want to have a child due to my advanced age. :nope:

However, I am very new at this. I already got some fantastic advice OPK testing but I am little baffled about the BBT. Things I do know are take it first thing in the morning before getting out of bed. That is about it. LOL
Do I test throughout the day to get an average BBT? Should I have begun temping BEFORE I had AF and DURING AF so I would know if there is any difference? (okay that might be a no brainer now that I typed it out and read it :dohh:) Mostly what i am looking for is what an average BBT might look like before, during, and after ovulation so I can compare it to what mine have been. I'll continue to BBT daily and track for a full month to get a chart going but if you could enlighten me with what your average BBTs look like during a typical month, I would be grateful and it will help me later when I have a better average. Thanks.:hugs::dust:

Hi! I'm a very big advocate of temping so I hope it works out for you. It can be confusing at first but once you've seen a couple cycles it makes more sense. Average bbt pre and post O can really vary between women so you shouldn't judge your bbt from other people's. If you want to see example charts just to get an idea of what they look like I would recommend checking out this page: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/cg/ It's the chart gallery on fertilityfriend. You can search charts based on what type they are (anovulatory, pregnancy, ovulatory, etc). Personally, my bbt sits around 97.16 before O and then average around 97.88 after O. I have very long anovulatory cycles so if you look at my chart in my signature you'll see that I haven't O'd yet since my last AF even though I'm on CD46.

As for when to temp, do it first thing in the morning before you get up and do anything. You should only do it once per day and try to do it at the same time every day after at least 3 hours of sleep. You may get random spikes of temperatures here and there but what you're looking for is at least 5 consistently higher temperatures than your pre-O temps. Most places recommend that you temp during AF when you're startng out but there is benefit to starting at any point in your cycles. I've started the day after I got a positive OPK once and could still see the temp shift to confirm O.

Best of luck!

Hi! I'm a very big advocate of temping so I hope it works out for you. It can be confusing at first but once you've seen a couple cycles it makes more sense. Average bbt pre and post O can really vary between women so you shouldn't judge your bbt from other people's. If you want to see example charts just to get an idea of what they look like I would recommend checking out this page: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/cg/ It's the chart gallery on fertilityfriend. You can search charts based on what type they are (anovulatory, pregnancy, ovulatory, etc). Personally, my bbt sits around 97.16 before O and then average around 97.88 after O. I have very long anovulatory cycles so if you look at my chart in my signature you'll see that I haven't O'd yet since my last AF even though I'm on CD46.

As for when to temp, do it first thing in the morning before you get up and do anything. You should only do it once per day and try to do it at the same time every day after at least 3 hours of sleep. You may get random spikes of temperatures here and there but what you're looking for is at least 5 consistently higher temperatures than your pre-O temps. Most places recommend that you temp during AF when you're startng out but there is benefit to starting at any point in your cycles. I've started the day after I got a positive OPK once and could still see the temp shift to confirm O.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the information. I will check out that website.:hugs:

That site is great. I was able to enter all my data from the last 12 months and get a clearer picture. My CD14 isn't until tomorrow. According to my other chart it was three days ago. I have very irregular cycles and fertilityfriend takes that into account instead of setting an ovulation date no matter if i started early or late.:happydance: LOL

I love fertility friend! It is so handy, feel free to check out my charts if you want.
The start of this month is a bit funky as I had a fever as you can see....

My OPK tests show I will be ovulation soon if not already. My temp is up only a bit but I will be :sex: like crazy for the next four days.

Hi - my temp is usually around 97.3 before ovulation and 97.6-97.9 after

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->