ladies who are worried!

leanne1989

Reaction score
Hiya. Just wanted to try and reassure some of you (although I'm always a nervous wreck when preg!)

When I was preg with ds who is now 2, I had bleeding.
It was mainly if I'd dtd with oh.
It always seemed like quite a lot of blood and I was nervous. Trips to a&e etc
But baby was always fine I used a doppler at home from 8 weeks and had an early private scan, 12 wk scan , 16 wk gender scan, 20 wk scan. 26 week 4d scan and then a scan at 30 wks because I was in hospital overnight because I had bleeding and was being monitored.
NOT ALL pregnancys that bleed end in mc.
I myself have experienced a mmc on dec 1st 2009 where I thought I'd be 12wks but baby died at 8+ wks.
I had a d+c but I did concieve without a period in feb 2010.
I do I do understand how worrying it is as I'm currently 5w6ds
And I constantly check to see if my boobs are sore, worrying why I don't feel sick, poas addict making sure lines are dark. I even brought a cb digi to make sure it said 2-3 so I knew my hormone levels where about right.
When I had a mmc. I went for a scan at what I thought would be 7\8 weeks but only saw a sac and fetal pole they said I'd be 6 weeks preg but I knew it wasn't right because I got a positive hpt the day of missed af 3 weeks before and my cycles where regular 28day cycles. I went back for another scan 2weeks later baby measured about 7+ and had a heartbeat. But the cb digis seemed to be slow at saying 3+ and I knew something wasn't right everyone told me I was fine but went to 12wk scan and it was confirmed. I had no bleeeding with that pregnancy though.
But I went on into a healthy pregnancy straight after with hardly any symptoms no sickness!
And now I'm in my third and worried again. I had a bleed when this period should be due so thought was af but then it stopped so did a ic and got a barely there positive followed by a positive tesco hpt.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you've had a mc\mmc before do not be frightened you have every chance this baby will be fine. Most mc are chromosone problems which could be a one off problem.
And ladies who are bleeding like I said with ds I was bleeding often it was bright red sometimes brown. Sometimes quite heavy n sometimes just spotting. Ds is just perfect.
Please don't keep worrying yourself ( I need to take my own advice lol)
Try to enjoy pregnancy as scary as it is in first tri, you have more chance of a healthy preg than a mc.
Be happy and tick each day off at a time :)
I know its slow and full of worry first trimester but if u are going to have a mc nothing can change it sadly. So until you get confirmation of a mc just tell your self everything is fine :)
I know people post about bleeding etc and I completely understand because I'd be doing the same, sorry if this post doesn't come across how I hoped it would I just wanted to offer every lady going through a worrying time right now some support. My oh isn't that supportive at this stage saying its just early weeks which makes me feel alone! So I do understand how it can feel if the only people you can find comfort in are from here!
I want to give everyone some sticky baby dust and a big hug and tell them to be happy and think positive even though its hard.
And you're mothering instincts kick in and you worry from the day of bfp about your baby, and it never stops even when they are born!
I am scared of another mmc myself right now infact terrified BUT ill take my own advice and think positive :)
Hope everything goes okay for us ladies and I'm sure it will !
Sorry If my post annoys anyone just wanted to get across that yes I did have a mmc so I understand the pain and yes I did have bleeding in preg with ds which worried me constantly but he went on to be healthy. There's a light and an amazing award waiting for u at the end of these 9months :) I've got a ds to prove it
Good luck ladies have a lovely day and try not to worry I hope you'll all be fine :) xxxxxx

I guess I started this so everybody worrying or scared, needing any support right now can all get together and share worries and receive support, you're not alone xxxx

Thank you for your words, I think a bit of reassurance from someone who has had problems but also a healthy baby is great. Currently waiting for my 12 week scan after discovering mmc at 12 week scan in June! So hearing you went on to have a healthy pregnancy following yours is great!!! Only 6 days to go!!!! X

Really helpful! I need to just chill out, because I really can't control anything!

Aww so glad I could help slightly!!

Hannah you had a mmc too? :( they're horrible, but have every faith in this NEW pregnancy NEW baby :):)
I believed because I'd already had one I'd be more prone to another? I guess we all feel like that! But the chance is there for anybody to have one we are just unlucky. I'm sure you'll be fine at your 12 week scan.

EmergRN. I know how your feeling. I keep checking for blood if I feel slightly wet sorry tmi!! Lol.
I take tests hoping everything is still dark I'm terrible.
I also worry because of lack of symptoms!
I guess because I had a mmc then a healthy preg I keep thinking that because my last one was healthy this one won't be... But I gotta chill out lol

Big hugs to you both and all the luck in the world xx

Completely agree, I know we all worry but thinking positive is the only thing we can do, apart from the constant knicker-checking lol. And boob checking. I do the same, I worry the same and panic but as soon as i worry I reaasure myself, think positive. Good luck and happy n healthy 9 months to us all xxxx

Thanks! I'm still a nervous wreck but I'm trying to calm down. I have a doppler but I still can't find a heartbeat and it's driving me insane. My first scan is Jan 21st

Hi :)
I found hb with ds on doppler at 8 weeks. It was rented from anawiz website think it was a hibebe model?
It does state 10-12 wks though?
Maybe I just got lucky.
I watched youtube videos of women in early preg to learn where to look lol xx

Do u think its worth me gettin a doppler yet? Xx

Broodybum I'm terrible lol I've already brought a doppler waiting for it to arrive lol! I was planning to start 7 weeks +
I'm quite thin and never had trouble last time. I've heard if your a chubbier lady it may take longer to hear? I don't know what size you are though.
Even if you heard nothing now I'm sure you would pretty soon :) x

I've got one! Lol my cousin was selling one n I intervened she gave me it so I tried a couple of days ago tbh I'm not sure what I'm listening for I'm going to go on youtube now and see if I can find any videos thanks leanne iv always been a skinny minny so hopefuly I'll hear it soon does it sound anything like our own heartbeats xx

You post was just what I needed to read. I too have had bright red bleeding once on day of my first missed "period". Spotting lasted 2 days,thought this is odd. So 2 weeks after short period I tested faint positive using dollar store test. Now 9th I have started spotting bright red again,mainly when I go to the bathroom?My normal periods are like clock work every 16th. I do believe I may have UTI,my back hurts and urinate all the time. Anyway,just wanted to thank you. For bringing reality to this stressful situation. Wishing the best for you and little bean.

Worried describes me... and CONFUSED...
I had my last period start on DEC 24 2014
what I believe to be implantation spotting on January 26

3 positive tests.
I was at Hospital Monday ( feb 9) with a day in of BAD cramps Sweating nauseated dizzy back aches , but NO bleeding
my HCG was at 10,000
The Scan at Hospital showed ONLY a sac no fetal pole.
Then they did an INTERNAL scan..... Still just a sac and no heartbeat nothing.
still having shing stabbing front and back pain.
blood and urine ruled out any infection..
I do not have a tilted uterus...
why is nothing there yet ? I would think a hearbeat would benormal by now and by these levels... ????
please help with any info

Fetal Heart Beat
Using endovaginal scanning, fetal cardiac activity is often seen even before a fetal cell mass can be identified. The fetal cardiac muscle begins its' rhythmic contractions, and that rhythmic motion can be seen along the edge of the yolk sac. Initially, the fetal cardiac motion has a slower rate (60-90 BPM), but cardiac rate increases as the fetus develops further. Thus, for these early pregnancies, the actual cardiac rate is less important that its presence or absence.

Sometimes, with normal pregnancies, the fetal heartbeat is not visible until a fetal pole of up to 4 mm in length is seen. Failure to identify fetal cardiac activity in a fetus whose overall length is greater than 4 mm is an ominous sign.

It can sometimes be difficult identifying a fetal heartbeat from the background movement and maternal pulsations. You may find it useful in these cases to scan with one hand while taking the maternal pulse with the other. This makes it easier to identify sonographic movements that are dyssynchronous with the maternal pulse.

Fetal Pole
A mass of fetal cells, separate from the yolk sac, first becomes apparent on transvaginal ultrasound just after the 6th week of gestation. This mass of cells is known as the fetal pole. It is the fetus in its somite stage. Usually you can identify rhythmic fetal cardiac movement within the fetal pole, although it may need to grow several mm before this is apparent.

The fetal pole grows at a rate of about 1 mm a day, starting at the 6th week of gestational age. Thus, a simple way to "date" an early pregnancy is to add the length of the fetus (in mm) to 6 weeks. Using this method, a fetal pole measuring 5 mm would have a gestational age of 6 weeks and 5 days.

guess I have my answer

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->