Ladies who had a c-section before this baby, how has your pregnancy been?

Wannabeam

Reaction score
Hi, hope I'm posting this in the right section lol!

So I am feeling excited about the prospect of trying for another in less than a years time. I had an emergency c-section and have been told to try for a natural birth but maybe have a c-section if necesary next time.

I would like to know when you were told you could start trying for your next baby as in how soon it is safe to fall preggers after a c-section, and how has your pregnancy been? Any problems where your scars are or inner scars are? Does the tummy still stretch ok? Is your tummy still sore? mine is still sore inside a little and I'm wondering if it's going to feel the same during pregnancy.

What have you been told about giving birth this time round?

We won't start trying till LO is 18months as that is what I have been told is a good wait time.:winkwink:

I had a c section with my second (natural with my first) I'm not pregnant with number 3. I was told to wait at least a year before becoming pregnant again, however I got pregnant when my daughter was 10 months old. I am aloud to try for a natural birth again! My pregnancy has been good so far(I'm 34 weeks) I have a feeling ill to early again like I did with my second as I have already lost my plug and baby is dropping. But who knows!! :D some DRs won't let you try for a natural birth after c section I had to search for one!

I had a c-section with my first as well and this pregnancy has been amazing! I'm aiming for a VBAC this time around as my new doctor thinks I shouldn't have had a csection the first time. My doctor with my first just basically gave me a csection because he didnt feel like staying over his shift, but all in all I've had a wonderful pregnancy as I did with my first as well! I haven't had any sore stomach pains or anything like that, but I gave birth 3 years ago, so I think that has something to do with it!

My Dr told me that as long as the next baby wouldnt be born before LO was 1 then it should all be ok with the pregnancy and with a VBAC...but I healed up fairly quickly compared to others I know...had some stretching at scar but not anymore and havent noticed any issues that would be caused by my previous c-section...just hoping that Baby A goes head down so I can try for VBAC and that Baby B does ok and I dont have to have a c-section to get him out after a successful VBAC with Baby A.. lol

Thanks ladies, I am hoping for a VBAC next time round, and a doc I saw recently said that they are pushing for VBACs in the UK now, so fingers crossed.

Goodluck with all your births, hope you get the birth you desire :flower:

I fell pregnant 6 months after delivering Joshua. I had been advised 12 months ok, 18 months alright, 24 months recommended. As we lost Joshua my consultant knew we didn't want to wait too long. I'm due in 3 weeks and everything is looking good for a vbac. You do have increased risks, but so far, touch wood, my pregnancy has gone fine. I was more tired than the first time, and had a lot of aches and pains round my scar, but that was to be expected x

I fell pregnant 6 months after delivering Joshua. I had been advised 12 months ok, 18 months alright, 24 months recommended. As we lost Joshua my consultant knew we didn't want to wait too long. I'm due in 3 weeks and everything is looking good for a vbac. You do have increased risks, but so far, touch wood, my pregnancy has gone fine. I was more tired than the first time, and had a lot of aches and pains round my scar, but that was to be expected x

wow thank you for sharing hun, you are a strong woman and an amazing mummy. goodluck with the last few weeks of your pregnancy and best wishes for an amazing birth :hugs::flower:

I had a section with my son 2 1/2 years ago. Had a vbac 5 days ago. No problems with my pregnancy. Scar never ached or hurt or stretched. Stayed midwife led through out. Went 6 days overdue and into labour myself. Only need a hour of pushing to give birth to him. Good luck ladies. It worth trying. X

I fell pregnant when ds was 15 month, and I've not had any issues with my scars. I'm also hoping for a vbac with this one.

will be keeping an eye out for your birth stories ladies :flower:

Forgot to ask you ladies, what were the reasons for your first c-section?

For me it was because my bladder was in the way in a weird position (emergency c-sec), they almost cut into my bladder when opening me up so I'm pretty scared about having another c-section. I'm also wondering if it's possible to have a vbac after last times complications. Doctors are investigating for me and I recently had a scan of my pelvis and they said that my bladder is in a normal position, really hoping that's good news and that it won't move during my next pregnancy. I basically would never have gone into labor naturally last time as LO couldn't get close to the cervix to dilate me. Hoping I will one day get to feel what going into natural labor is.

I was pregnant 6 months post partum with my second & third, all 3 were sections. I'm pregnant again with my 4th and this will be another section. No issues, no complications.

I had a csection with my first due to her being breech.
The op went fine and I healed really well but the surgeon still said to wait 2 years.
Well 10 months later I was prego again and felt fine but as the pregnancy has progressed I have been soooo sore :( I am really struggling now.
They are happy for me to try a VBAC though luckily.

i had a c-section with my son 4 years and this pregnancy so far has been no different, myt scar itched to begin with but not too sure if in my mind from too much google but i feel fab, i cant have a full waterbirth just in case of the slight risk of rupturing as would take time to get me out but i can be in water until established labour and my hospital have 2 wireless monitors now so i can be as mobile as possible as i dont want to be strapped to a bed, i think tbh staying still would make the pain worse as would be on my mind so much more. Im from uk and the midwife asked me at my 12 week appointment what i wanted to do and i chose VBAC straight away as personally i felt ive missed alot not being in natural labour. x

My son broke my waters at 31 weeks and was breech so was delivered at 35 weeks because of the risk of infection x

I had a csection with my first due to her being breech.
The op went fine and I healed really well but the surgeon still said to wait 2 years.
Well 10 months later I was prego again and felt fine but as the pregnancy has progressed I have been soooo sore :( I am really struggling now.
They are happy for me to try a VBAC though luckily.

You can do it hun, not long to go now:hugs:

I had a C-Section with my first due to a failed induction (I had both HBP and GD), and concerns over the baby's heartrate, etc. I went 3 days trying to have her naturally to no avail, so opted for the Section for her health and well-being.

I got pregnant with our second when DD was only 11 months old. I had been told by my OB to wait at least 12 months before trying again, but this little lady had other plans! :winkwink: OB was not concerned as exam had me healed without any complications. However, I am unfortunately not a candidate for VBAC, so this baby will be born by Section as well. In the end, as long as she gets here safely and is healthy, that is all that matters to me anyways! :flower:

As for any issue with my scar, etc., the only thing I have noticed is that it itches a lot as my stomach stretches. Other than that, I haven't noticed anything different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->