• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ladies who have had a c-section

My experience: (mine was a planned c section as baby was breech but was in labour for 10 hours then c section as they didn't want to rush it but get ready as I was higher risk)

1. Does it hurt? Does the spinal injection hurt? What does it feel like?
I didn't feel anything, after labour it was wonderful. The worst bit for me was the cannula - that was really sore.

2. What effect do the drugs they give you have? Are you drowsy in the op?
I had morphine just before my c section to stop me shaking so and after being in labour I was a bit out of it but don't think the drugs generally make you drowsy.

3. Can my partner be with me and hold my hand etc?
Yes.

4. Does a carthater hurt? I can't imagine weeing and not knowing about it?
No. Just a bit uncomfortable when they put it in and take it out but wasn't bad. They put mine in before spinal as they wanted everything in a ready before surgery.

5. Can I still have skin to skin contact with my baby straight away?
They wrapped my LO up but think that was because he was little and a bit cold. Other ladies have skin to skin but after LO has been checked over.

6. Does it interfere with breastfeeding?
No. Sometimes I think it take a day or two longer for your milk to come in.

7. After can you walk and pick your baby up?
Not until they have removed the catheter. First couple of nights I had to ask staff to pass baby and put baby back but only because I was stuck in bed because of catheter which was a pain.

Hope that helps.

Will try to help, my c-section was Jan 19

- I had an epidural, didn't have time for a spinal block. Epidural didn't hurt going in or coming out

Originally all I had was the epi, but that wore off in the OP, so they gave me general anesthesia, but not enough to fully put me to sleep, that made me drowsy and at times I was asleep

If you are awake and not under general anesthesia, your partner can be by your side and hold your hand

Definitely does not hurt, even when I had to do the catheter before my epi, I didn't think it hurt, just stung a little. But if you get it after the epi or spinal block, then you won't feel it and it didn't hurt coming out. xx

Yes you can

For me it did, I had suffered with a lot of post baby blues and had no interest in BF, after originally wanting to. I also didn't get to bond with my son until the next day. Otherwise, it doesn't.

Walking is hard, but the sooner you walk the better it will be. I had trouble picking him up at first, but after the first day PP, I was able to do it. xx

My PP bleeding got really light around week 3, but still have the remaining lochia as of now 1 month PP.

xx

Good luck, my litttle boy was breech and they wouldnt do the evc as there were concerns over his growth and they thought it would cause him to much distress. They monitered us closely and decided that the safest thing was to deliver him early due to my placenta failing. I hope my answers help. :hugs:

Its doesnt hurt but it does feel weird my little one was breech which is why I had to have a c-section. I could feel a lot of pressure and it did feel at one point like I couldnt breath as if they were in my chest very bizzare I was put on oxygen to help and was fine. For me the spinal injection was rough as it took them nearly half an hr to get it in they kept missing it was uncomfortable and painful at times but I had my hubby there holding my hand the hold time. They talked to me the whole time and reassured me I coped. It is very surreal having it done and I found once the spinal injection had worked very odd I kept asking them if I need to put my legs flat, there were already but it felt like they were up.

I wasnt drowsy but I did get very lightheaded but that was due to suffering from low blood pressure and the spinal block lowers it as well so they had to push fluids through and I was put on oxygen. I was very luckily as the people with me were amazing the anthetist (sp?) talked to me the whole time, the theatre was full we had extra drs as my little boy had to be deliveredat 36 weeks due to my placenta failing. I refused the liquid morphine afterwards as didnt want any strong medication in my system.

My hubby was with me the whole time talking to me holding my hand and was there for everything he never left my side and the dr's/nursers/midwife etc were very kind to him, talking to him keeping him involved. It was a very scary time for us as and we were very scared and overwhelemd as it all happened quite quickly and was not exactly how we had planned it. He was with me in recovery as well apart from a few mins when he nipped out to let my parents know we were both alright and that we had had a baby boy.

I was really worried about the carthater but it was fine they put it in after I'd had the spinal block and taking it out was fine. You have to have it in for 24 hrs and they wouldnt take it out untill they'd seen I was able to get up and sit in a chair. They check your wee after its been out you have to pee in these cardboard pans sit in the toilet then they weigh it. So make sure you drink loads of water as it will delay them letting you home. Then other advice is make sure your hubby doesnt sit on it on it like mine did :haha: twice its not a pleasant feeling.

I didnt get to hold my baby till we were in recovery but I could touch him while my hubby held him as they sewed me up. Once I was in recovery I held him straight away and did skin to skin, I made a big fuss about how I wanted skin to skin as soon as I could it was very important to me and I got it it was the only part of my original birth plan that I got. Tell them thats what you want.

For me it didnt interfere with BF although it did take a little longer for my milk to come in which I think is normal. We did have problems then first couple of nights as it was difficult to wake him to feed and he had to have his sugar levels cheecked before each feed as he was early, we literally had to strip him off to wake him up. I would recommend doing lots of skin to skin.

I wasn't up walking around till the next day and it was hard work and painfull but does get easier. During the night the midwifes would pass Benjamin to me and during the day I had my hubby there to pass him to me.

My LO was an undetected breech.

I was given gas & air to have the epidural put in. I puffed on it a bit too much as I remember feeling like I was falling down a big black hole! The nurse was saying "she's going, she's passing out!" and they had a bit of a panic and took the gas off me. I was so scared I'd have a contraction I took some big breaths on it. So I didn't notice the spinal injection very much. I remember a pinch but I was too high on G&A to notice.

I didn't feel drowsy but was very shaky. I have no idea what drugs went into me! The shakiness wears off once in recovery.

My husband was with me until he felt light headed! But he was there for the birth and to cuddle our baby so that's the main thing.

4. Does a catheter hurt? I can't imagine weeing and not knowing about it?
I didn't even notice it. There was no pain. They tend to put it in after the epidural goes in. It's really useful as it means you don't have to worry about getting to the bathroom to pee afterwards. It does get in the way when wandering around but it isn't in for very long. It didn't hurt to have it taken out either.

I didn't. I had a nice cuddle in recovery when everything was calm and quiet. It was a very lovely and memorable cuddle.

I had plenty of milk, my baby just couldn't get it out :( I think she was too small and tired. 3 hourly heel prick tests and temp checks on her didn't help either. Made her very upset. I was also anaemic so was feeling pretty rough myself. I beat myself up about it a lot at the time. Now I realise how silly I was. Bottles have made my baby thrive :)

To start with you may have to ask for her to be passed to you. LO got lots of cuddles as it was easier to cuddle her than to get someone to keep passing her to me. I worked out after a couple of days that it was easier to make the bed go as high as it would go and have LO right next to the bed in the cot.

Yes, you will bleed afterwards. After sitting in bed for a while though you will find that quite a lot of blood will come out when you first stand up. I was going to the loo to change the pad, wandering back to the bed, getting another pad, going back to the loo..........good way to stretch your legs!

As yours is planned you can be much more prepared (Mine was EMCS), buy your big pants and have your support network in place. I knew hardly anything when I had mine. Was totally unprepared. I'll know what to do next time if I have to have another :)

After the c section every day you will feel just a little bit better. And you'll have your beautiful new baby to hold :)

I wrote a detailed birth story of my unplanned c-section if you'd like to know what happens :) Relax, you got this!

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...ned-c-section-but-great-birth-experience.html

please watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5RIcaK98Yg
skin to skin is a must!

my son was breech. Tried an ecv . Didn't work. I did not see this video until 2 weeks ago. I didn't have thus experience but I wish I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->