Ladies with IUS fitted, please could I have your input.

mumof1+1

Mommato#4beauties
Reaction score
Hello :)

I have 3 children. My 1st was planned my 2nd and 3rd were pill surprises! I suffered a migraine (just one!!) and my vision was affected and i had a tingle down my arm so my GP point blank refused to give me the combined pill. So my 2nd child was a micronor baby and my 3rd was a Cerazette baby. It seems that at times of stress my pill seems to fail. I took it every day, without fail at the same time each day as I had an alarm set on my phone with both conceptions! As you can imagine i'm now paranoid!! I also suffer with depression so this worries me too.

My friend recently had the IUS fitted and swears its the best but one opinion isn't enough for me! So i'm requesting your help.

I did ask the GP at my 6 week check if i could be sterilized and she was very to the point when she said no :(

I don't think I want any more children. I have 3 and only originally wanted 2 but they are here now and they are my world and I'm happy with them all and love them all to the moon and back. So, im thinking about this IUS.

Can I please hear your IUS stories, from fitting to where you're at now? Your input is much appreciated, thank you all :)

xxx

Nobody then?

Wow, guess IUS a popular form of contraception!!!!

I'll update this thread and see if anyone decides to reply. I am booked in for my swabs and also a smear on Monday once the results are in i will be having it fitted

ive got no advice hun as im looking to maybe have one fitted as im fed up of the pill, i just feel rotten on it, so ill be stalking this thread if you dont mind lol. let me know how you get on xx

Just to update you porkypig, i had my smear (it was due!) and swabs done, the swabs have come back fine and i am booked in for the IUS fitting on 21st Feb. Will update this thread again later xx

Just to update you porkypig, i had my smear (it was due!) and swabs done, the swabs have come back fine and i am booked in for the IUS fitting on 21st Feb. Will update this thread again later xx

That's be brill Hun, good luck with it!!! Xxx

I am on my third!!
no problems with fitting, no worse than a smear
no periods just light spotting, no PMT
very reliable contracpetive
if you had no side effects from the progesterone in the mini pill, you should be fine with the mirena
x

IUS or IUD? I've had an IUD and can tell you all about that but don't know what an IUS is.

Edit: ok it's the same thing:dohh: it doesn't really hurt going in but I had the worst ad pain for the first 4 months, I lost weight and then it stopped hurting. Hot water ( my hot tub) used to be the only thing to take the pain away. Then I got it taken out (it has a life span~ 8-10 years) and a new one put in and that one was fine.
I don't believe the pill is good for women. I got depressed on the pill and gained weight. I've read a lot about women coming off the pill after 16 years and now are infertile. The iud/ius without hormones is much better than getting loaded with estrogen for 15 years.

Well, I had the IUS fitted today. She told me it would take up to 20 minutes. It took 5!!!

After 3 children she opted to not bother with numbing cream which saved time and see how it went. Felt the clamp but that truly was it. Was shocked when she said that was it!!

I had forgotten to take the pain relief before as advised and immediately started with cramp so headed to the chemist and got some paracetamol, been fine all day since about 30 minutes later but i did buy the extra strength stuff!!

The cramping wasn't nice but normal. I have bled since, a little too much for a panty liner but not loads to warrant a huge pad!

I have to keep taking the pill until my 4 week check at which they will make sure it hasn't moved and is ok and will show me how to check placement via strings etc.

So far so good. Not feeling too bad at the moment, bleeding not heavy really.

Will update as and when needed for you xx

Glad to hear it wasn't painful for you :flower: You should be doing an u/s too to make sure it's in the right spot. Mine initially wasn't.

I had one, but after it moving I had it took out within 4 months. I'd get the position checked by ultrasound too :)

Hmmm.

Well day 4 today. Nobody has said anything about ultrasound for checking position but I do have to go back for it checking in March but Im wondering if it may have moved. I have been absolutely stuffed with cold so have been taking flu plus and today haven't taken any and I now have cramp. I don't know if the flu plus has masked the cramp or if it has only just started....

Don't really know what to do now.....

Anybody any idea?

Absolutely get an u/s done as soon as you can especially if you're having any cramps. The flu plus probably had asprin or anti-inflammatory to dull down flu pain. So many people get pregnant with IUD because it's not placed properly, it only works when it's in there correctly and more than 40% of placements have problems.

Day 10.

Been bleeding since Wednesday, not a cramp to be felt.

I have been told to continue with the pill until I have had my follow up appointment and will mention the U/S at this appt also unless I have any problems.

Thank you for that info.. will be on guard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->