Laminate flooring?

hypnorm

Reaction score
We are thinking about having laminate flooring put in our front room as our carpet is horribly dirty, even after cleaning its yuk!! problem is its a beige carpet (not our choice it was here when we moved in.)
We dont want to spend money getting it cleaned coz in about 6 months time it will need cleaning again, and if we get a new carpet we wil have the same problem, we are thinking at laminate will be easier to keep clean and tidy.

My mum and dad say it will make the front room look cold, and that i wouldnt be able to use any rugs because they would slip and be dangerous.

Does any one have laminate/wood flooring in their front room and what do you think about it,

Thanks

i have laminate flooring and a rug, i got a non slip thingy out argos was only about £10 and does the job!! dont think its any colder tahn a carpet and is alot easir to clean!!!

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1202742.htm

thts the non slip thing.

I had laminate in my lounge and Noahs room at he old house, and have been fitting it in the new house over the weekend. I had a rug before that was so big it didnt slip, this time if the rug does slip I will get self adhesive velcro and pop it in the corners.

I dont feel it makes the room cold at all, plus its a lot more hygenic with little kids, when you think how much time they spend at ground level, and the amount of bugs you have in carpets. we were told that it was a good idea to have it in Noahs room because of his asthma and Eczema.

I love my laminate, I have it in the lounge and dining room. when we moved in there were brand new pale cream carpets which got wrecked in a few week, our front door leads straight to the front room so coming in with dirty shoes and a pram just ruined it. We dont have a rug at the mo but Im gonna get one in the dining room, I dont think it feels cold, so Id say go for it :)

I agree go for it hun, I had laminate in my living room( is now dining room) and it was no colder than having a carpet and is so much easier to keep clean
We have a cream carpet in the living room at mo and is disgusting :? getting laminate after xmas

I love my laminate too. We have a rug and a non-slip mat underneath it. I have put laminate throughout downstairs. It is easy to clean, looks nice and I even hoover it.

Def. go for it.

thanks we will get some quotes.

Does it scratch easily or is it very hard wearing

Well i have had mine down for about 6 years now and it does have some cratches but you have really got to look for them
Mine is the Cherry colour so prob doesn't show cratches like it would on a darker wood

I also have a dint where i dropped the iron :roll:

I find it is really hard wearing, i also have it in my hallway and have had that fo even longer and it still looks as good as the day it was laid ( though was more expensive than the room)

I guess you get what you pay for with it like with anything

I have laminate in my livingroom. I really do like it, the only problem I have is that Rebecca isn't that mobile on it-maybe that's a good thing tho :lol:

Its tougher than real wood flooring and pretty hard to scratch, I scratched our lounge a bit before we moved my dragging very heavy furniture accross it, but they dont really show up. Just kids playing with toys on it and walking around with shoes on and stuff will not harm it at all.

Are you not up for laying it yourselves? Its not a hard job now its all click lock stuff, just need a jig saw a mallet and tapping block/spacers/puller which you can buy as a kit for under a tenner.

ive done my kitchen in laminate without a jigsaw! just used a normal saw, thankfully the kitchen is all squared off so didnt need to worry about round bits lol

think my dad used a hack saw for mine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->