!! Lansinoh

madasa

Mum of 2
Reaction score
- has been bought out by a company who are in breach of the WHO code. This was a couple of years ago.

- is not the only (or even, arguably, the best) product when it comes to sore nips

- Have you ever tasted it?

This is just a heads up for bfing advocates on here... I know a lot of folks recommend it on here, and might want to know if those recommendations are ultimately lining the pockets of a company whose marketing practises undermine breastfeeding efforts...

I used it a lot in the beginning (still have my first and only tube) but wasn't aware of any of the above. Who owns them? And is there another one that's just as good, as I'd always heard it was the very best?

Pigeon, I think it's their marketing of bottles that's in question but still looking into it.

My mum and sister highly recommended Kamillosan, but I never used it. Not sure if this is the same with a different name, or something else completely... I *think* it's a chamomile cream?

I've also heard very good things about coconut oil: it doubles as a massage oil (for you or baby) and it doesn't taste bad (unless you hate coconut I suppose)

My top nipple products: breastmilk and fresh air, no pads! :)

Have never used a nipple cream ever! Had no soreness or engorgement in the early days but was advised not to as it could create a bigger problem. Also never used pads.

I use it as mine dry up and get sore and more so now with pregnancy, does the trick for me. When I wasnt using it I had cracked nipples , bleeding and weeping,. So I rather use it.

I think I'm allergic to it . . . . it ceftainly did nothing to make me better :shrug:

I love there cream. Really helped me at the beginning. Dont need to use it anymore! xx

I tried various ones and it was the only thing that worked for me. I honestly think I may have given up without it in the early days so for my own baby it was the best thing.

I wouldnt have been able to continue BF at the beginning without it... it was my salvation but I no longer need it x

I was under the impression that it's the only cream that's 100% lanolin and that's why it works so well. If there's a nearly identical product that's more ethical, I'd be happy to hear about it and use it next time around, assuming I'm not still on the same tube!

i used it for a few weeks, but now i use it as a lipn]balm coz it's better than vaseline, lol!!!!

this was a lifesaver for me! Medela also makes lanolin they gave me samples in hospital, think i liked the medela better!

I use it and the soothie breast pads when my nipples get cracked. If I didn't, my nips would probably be nothing but a big scab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->