Lap surgery,now only one ovary with questionable tube...New here,advice?

divenride

Reaction score
:help: Hi ladies I am new on here and hoping for some advice,support anything I am lost right now.

My husband & I have been trying to get pregnant for 6 years now with no luck. He has been tested & passed with flying colors. Two years ago during my period I ended up being in soo much pain I layed curled up on the bathroom floor for 3 hours because I would pass out if I tried to stand. Before that since going off bc I was having ever increasing painful periods,I had no clue what was up. Anyways that whole night started my journey into discovering what was wrong with me? Fast forward I did the whole Lupron shots for 6 months because they suspected endometriosis which helped alot then tried again,no luck.I had to sort out insurance & find a doctor I liked to get somewhere.

Now 2 weeks ago today I had my first lap surgery which turned into a way bigger deal than my doc or I expected. The endometriosis was severe,my bowels were attached to my uterus(another surgeon had to be called in),it was in my abdominal wall,uterus & ovaries. What was suppose to be a hour long surgery turned into over 3 hours. My left ovary had a cyst which had enveloped it & the tube(had become the size of my uterus) adhearing it alll together. It had damaged my ovary & tube beyond repair so they were both taken out. My right ovary had a cyst also but they were able to take it off. My tube on that side had totally wrapped around it & kinked it shut. They strsightened it out & repaired as much as possible. When they were done they ran the dye through to see if it was open & it showed good passage. My doc says she has no idea how I kept going doing a very physically demanding job as long as I had with how bad I was.

So now I am healing slowly & dealing with the emotions that follow a unexpected outcome with the surgery. I certainly did not plan on coming out minus body parts:sad2: Of course now I know why we have never gotten pregnant & of course I know my doc did what was best for my health. Anyways she says she is causiously opptimistic on our chances but we have no idea exactly how much damage has been done to that remaining tube. She did say if I was to get pregnant she wants me to get checked as soon as I can to check for ectopic because she feels I run a pretty high risk of that.I am 39 and feel like time is running out. We do not have the money for IVF so that is out. I have soo many ?'s my mind is constantly spinning :headspin:especially seeing as I am laid up right now. Even with my healing when should we start trying....doc says as soon as we want but I am concerned on my healing properly also? I still have not started my period which should have been a week ago...I have heard with one ovary it can take your body a bit to adjust & that it should eventually take over for both? I could go on & on...

Any thoughts or words of wisdom,encouragment would be greaty appreciated. Sorry this is soo long,Thanks:sad1:

Sorry ladies I accidently put this on the wrong forum,do not know how to get rid of here. Copied to forum intended for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->