Lap to tie tubes and then IVF

missp

Reaction score
Hi,

I am going for a lap next week - my tubes are blocked and IVF is the only option for us - but there is fluid leaking into my womb from my tubes and this would hinder any hope of a pregnancy developing so they need to tie my tubes and then we can get the IVF.

I am hoping to start IVF in January. My Cycle Day 1 would be the 11th January but now I am just thinking maybe that would be too soon or after the lap - will my cycle be messed up afet the lap ? I will be on cycle day 9 the day of my lap so will i get a period straight after the lap? I am usually very regular so if i do get my period after the lap, i could take the opk tests and then i will be able to tell when I would be due my period again - im always 14 days past ovulation.

Has anyone gone through a similar experience? Thanks for any advice.
:)

I don't have any answers for you but wanted to say I have a similar situation - my tubes are blocked and fluid filled too and I will be having a lap in feb but to remove my tubes. They told me that I should wait at least 4 weeks after the lap before starting ivf.

Best wishes.

Thanks blue,

Im sorry to hear that you have to go through the surgery but the chances of implatation from IVF after the surgery will be greatly increased.
I have been reading up on the fluid leaking into uterus and it seems at lot of people have that and those who didnt have the tubes tied or removed, mainly because they didnt know they had the condition, have had failed IVF's. :( so at least we will have that problem fixed before having IVF :)

The taught of surgery is starting to really scare me but i know it will be worth it. Plenty of rest and relatation over Christmas and hopefully I will be fully recovered by the new year and ready to give it my all to the IVF. :happydance:

I will keep my fingers crossed for you with your surgury and your IVF. Heres to a great 2010.
:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->