Laparascopy...Any success stories???

wildchic

Mom of 1 + Twins
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

im over from the ttc forum and i thought it would be best to ask you ladies for advice/info.
im scheduled to have a lap done this friday and would like to know if any of you had this done and fell pregnant not long after?
im so scared, as i dont know what to expect.
whats the recovery time? was it painful? and how long after will i be able to dtd?

any advice would be appreciated:flower:

Hey! I had a lap and dye done after trying to conceive my first for 2.5 years. The op was fine (not painful after the first day and then just a bit uncomfortable), really quick recovery - but then they didn't find any probs. We resumed TTC the next month and hey presto, got pregnant straight away!! I guess I may have had a slight blockage in my tubes that was sorted by the op. So definitely recommend having the op - it worked for me!! I hope you have the same outcome :) xx

Hello ! When I was ttc my daughter I had a lap which turned into a laparotomy and they discovered severe endo - I conceived 2 months later (two years ttc). This time around I tried to conceive for 31 months, had a lap (just a quick lap this time with a bit of endo zapped and they tried to unkink a damaged Fallopian tube), I conceived on the cycle (lucky no. 32) that began two weeks after the surgery !

Recovery ater my laparotomy was 8 weeks and pretty horrendous but that was a 7" wound so hardly surprising. After the lap I was sore for a few days, but after about three days I just took a few paracetamol and I was fine and obviously I conceived very shortly afterwards so sex was fine too !

Good luck :) xx

Yup - I had a laparoscopy just before I fell pregnant with my first :)

Hopefully it will help you too :)

Thanx ladies:)

It helps a lot to hear of other experiences! Its been almost 2 years since my depo shot, had 3 rounds of clomid and still no :bfp:

I hope I'll be so lucky after the lap!

Thanx again:)

I got pregnant the second cycle after a lap and dye They found mild endo but didn't treat it. Good luck!

I had my lap and dye done 17th may 2011 and I fell pregnant that same cycle got my bfp 31st may 2011 and I was 4+5 :)
They didn't find any problems with my bt I'm sure it helped I had been trying for 3 years b4 I fell pregnant x good luck x

It makes me feel like it'll all be worth it in the end, reading all your stories ladies!

Thank you sooo much! And congrats on your pregnancies:)

I had my lap and dye done 17th may 2011 and I fell pregnant that same cycle got my bfp 31st may 2011 and I was 4+5 :)
They didn't find any problems with my bt I'm sure it helped I had been trying for 3 years b4 I fell pregnant x good luck x

I was reading the posts again and wanted to ask, were you already pregnant when the lap was done? Coz I see you got your bfp 2 weeks after the lap?
Coz my worry is that I may have ovulated this week(I say may have because I wasn't really tracking ovulation this cycle) and I'm scared that maybe the lap will interfere if I was to get preggies this cycle!

I have no idea, they took a test the morning of my lap , but was negative but going by how many weeks I was , I would of been 2+5 the day of the op. I'd say I was alredi pregnant but I really don't no. I could of ovulated late I suppose x I can't see how I would of stayed preg if I wuda been preg at the time of the lap x I guess ill never no x

I was reading the posts again and wanted to ask, were you already pregnant when the lap was done? Coz I see you got your bfp 2 weeks after the lap?
Coz my worry is that I may have ovulated this week(I say may have because I wasn't really tracking ovulation this cycle) and I'm scared that maybe the lap will interfere if I was to get preggies this cycle!

I had a laprascopy after TTC 3 years got pregnant twice following year and now for a third time :)

Thanks for your stories ladies!

I just told dh how scared I am and he asked me if I wanted to cancel the lap! With reading all the positive things about it, I don't think I should cancel. But I also don't wanna get my hopes up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->