Large Family TTC

beccabear86

Mommy to 2, DS and DD
Reaction score
When you're TTC #1 or #2, sometimes even #3, the world loves you! But once you start venturing into large family territory, you find you start to lose fans. Pregnancy announcements lack the shock value, comments turn from "Congratulations" to things like "You do know why this keeps happening, right?" ...

Every baby is special and deserves to be celebrated just as joyously as if they were the first baby in their family. So my hope creating this thread is to make a space where ALL TTC moms can come and talk, laugh, vent, and be CELEBRATED for their decision to bring another beautiful life into the world, no matter where that child may fall in the family lineup. :)

Personally, I am mom/stepmom to 5. TTC #6!

DS - 9
DS - 8
DD - 4
DS (bio) - 3
DD (bio) - 2

I love this! I’m TTC#3. I always wanted 4 but there’s a chance this could be our last for various reasons. I’m already getting funny looks and comments when I mention wanting a third though.
I’d love to have a massive family with all the chaos and fun.

Hi jellybeanxx. :) Crossing fingers that we end up being bump buddies! This will be my first cycle TTC #3, so hoping neither one of us have to wait too long!

What CD are you becca? I’m on CD2 of my second cycle. I got my hopes up way too much and was quite sad when AF got me yesterday!
Both my kids took nearly 18 months each to conceive so it probably won’t happen that quickly for me.

I'm about halfway through right now. Pretty sure I ovulated yesterday, if my fertility monitor is to be believed.

My oldest was a happy accident... I hadn't been on BC for awhile, but I don't remember for how long. My second was conceived before I even got a period, I had just stopped nursing my son. Apparently, during that period of time, a woman is extra fertile, for some unknown reason. :)

Fingers crossed that it goes much more quickly for you this time!

Awww I love this. Thank you becca for starting this thread <3

Eeeek TWW is on for you then. FX'd and loads of :dust:

I do hope it will be a much shorter journey for you this time around jellybean
We are also on our 2nd cycle of trying, AF is a few days off and I'd love if she stayed away completely :blush:
I suppose we have that massive family you spoke of and love it!

Sounds like you’ve got a good chance of it happening quickly for you Becca! I’m still breastfeeding my youngest but since I’m ovulating I’m hoping it won’t decrease our chances!

Hope that AF stays away busytulip, when are you testing?

Can I ask both what you think the main adjustments are moving from 2 to 3 (or increasing family size in general)? So much seems set up for just having 2 kids. Even the way food is packaged at the supermarket!
We’re currently shopping for a bigger car so we’ll be able to fit in an extra car seat. Luckily we have enough bedrooms in our house already!

jelly I have become pregnant several times while nursing, I think for most people it doesn't usually cause any issues.
I've tested a couple of times and they've been negative, AF is due around 6/25 though so FX'd it's just been too early. I've never had a positive before 12 dpo so I'm trying not to be too discouraged.
Honestly, going from 2 to 3 was the hardest jump for me. When you have 2 you and your partner can often times play man to man defense for lack of a better analogy. Logistics, getting kids in and out of the car-managing bed times and feedings those are the things I struggled with. But honestly I love it - obviously :rofl: and yours are a little bit older so some of that will be a little easier
Yes, things are definitely geared towards the nuclear family.
I drive a 15 passenger and we have an 8 bedroom home. We are not rich by any means. We recently moved from a 4 bedroom that was less than 1500 sq ft. It's taken a ton of sacrifice, we don't go on glamorous family vacations, I am strict on our budget. That sort of thing. I wouldn't trade it for anything though and having a large family comes with many blessings.

I think it’s the laundry that scares me the most :haha: I struggle to keep on top of it with the 4 of us! We have a 5 bed house so plenty of room but keeping it clean and tidy is time consuming!
I’m a bit nervous about making the leap to us being outnumbered by children. I worry about how it will effect the relationship between my two. They get on very well and are so close. I’m hoping number three will slot into that. There’s a chance of having a smaller age gap this time too so will have to see how that goes.
It’s all just so exciting though!

Jellybean, the biggest thing that&#8217;s helped us keep our sanity is getting the kids to help. Even our youngest two can help, even if it&#8217;s just by picking up toys. When they help clean, they can&#8217;t be spending time making a mess, and it actually takes no time at all for you to feel like you have a tidy house again. That, and spending most nights after bedtime folding the laundry for the day. :) Really, it&#8217;s all about finding a system that works for your family and sticking to it!

Thank goodness I found this thread!

Do you know how many times I've had lately 'oh you had another' I actually turned round and said 'I get that all the time but it's 5 years since my last!'

wantingagirl - funny story. My husband last year frequently walked our school age kids to school with our three toddlers (4,3,2) in tow. He got so many &#8220;you have your hands full&#8221; comments that he eventually just started showing his completely empty hands to them with a puzzled look on his face, like &#8220;what could you ever mean?&#8221;

Glad you found us. :)

wantingagirl - funny story. My husband last year frequently walked our school age kids to school with our three toddlers (4,3,2) in tow. He got so many “you have your hands full” comments that he eventually just started showing his completely empty hands to them with a puzzled look on his face, like “what could you ever mean?”

Glad you found us. :)

Hilarious I have the constant 'you have your hands full' even when I only have 2 of them. And after my last 'that's you done your bit now' and 'you must be mad' it's so infuriating

Also makes me sad as after the first two not as much excitement in the pregnancy and love shown for them

They are 4 months, 5,6&9

I noticed the excitement from people drops even with the second. I was still just as excited though and I’m just as excitable about TTC #3 (if not more) as I was the first time around!
Sounds like a lovely family you have wantingagirl! Is the name because you’re wanting a girl this time or is that from a while ago?

I noticed the excitement from people drops even with the second. I was still just as excited though and I’m just as excitable about TTC #3 (if not more) as I was the first time around!
Sounds like a lovely family you have wantingagirl! Is the name because you’re wanting a girl this time or is that from a while ago?

Nah that's been my username since the beginning and now I have 2 girls and 2 boys. Thank you i am blessed. If we are ever to have another though I would like another girl.

Yes they do you just think your own family would be a bit more positive. My last pregnancy and ttc experience was a long road so I sway whether i want one more all the time :shrug:

Should I leave it with such a nice gap
House space
Holidays
Childfree holidays
Nights out

:shrug:

Becca thank you for taking the time to make this thread. A couple of times I have been sitting back asking myself if I am crazy to want another little one in our gang, mainly because I can already imagine what people will say.

My DH and I got married last year (both our 2nd marriages) He has a DD-18, DD-15, DD- 13 (in a month) and I have DD-13 and DD-9. Yes they are all DD so we would truly love a DS, we know the odds are against us to have a boy but I just feel us having a baby would complete us as a family. The girls all but maybe one has expressed they would love for us to have another baby, although we have told them we arent. We really want to surprise them when we know by telling them in family pictures. I have very few family members that know but most on my side have been pushing us to have another baby as well, I give them the same answer that we just arent planning on it. True is this is cycle #5 and besides a possibly CP on cycle 3 nothing has happened as of yet. I had the IUD in all a total of 8 years and it took the first 2 cycles to just get regular again. Right now I am somewhere between 5 dpo to 7 dpo. I didn't track OPK this month with testing and I have 2 different apps that tell me I O 2 different days and my normal has been CD14 (1 app say CD15 and other says CD16) so time will only tell this cycle. I have already been poas (i dont know why i started haha)

Again thank you for making this, its nice to see other big families...and if anyone has any money saving tricks for bigger families they would love to share that would be awesome! I know I need to get back into couponing (we have decided I would stay home with baby and although I only work part time my income is a huge help)

Hi i am new/old to the forum i used it with my first two. I now have 5, 4 bio kiddos and 1 step. Me and my hubby are ttc our first my fifth his second. I have a 9 year old step daughter, 8 year old son, 6 year old daughter, 5 year old daughter and an 18month old daughter. I just had my mirena out this week and started my post mirena AF 2 days ago so im hoping to start trying to conceive this cycle. Can i join you lovely ladies?

Welcome everyone new!

Well goodness knows what people would think of me if I ever have another it wil be my 5th and hubbys 6th :haha:

It's really been encouraging to see other ladies on the forum with larger families who are TTC. I was beginning to feel like an anomaly.

jlmeans 0422 - welcome! Having a new baby in the house will be so nice in your house! So many sibs who are actually old enough to hold them all by themselves. :) He or she is going to get plenty of love!

katlin - welcome to the group! Super glad you found us. "our first my fifth his second" -- very succinct. I may have to steal that sometime, if you don't mind. :)

wantingagirl - I have to admit, I laugh a little when you talk about "if we have another" because your ticker says you're actually TTC! It sounds like you may be in the boat DH and I were in a few months back... I think both of us wanted to start trying again, but neither one of us wanted to be the first to admit it, because it would mean six kids! But at the end of the day... neither one of us really felt good saying no and removing the option, so here we are! FX'd for you.

PS - yesterday, I told my sister that DH and I had started trying for another, and told her that I already had a cute pregnancy announcement in mind... she says "What? Does it involve the word 'oops'?" :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->