Large oval yolk sac

jaxntango

Reaction score
It's been 8 days since my last ultrasound and the doctor hasn't called me. I've tried calling but she's too busy. I thought all went well but then I read the report online and I said my yolk sac was large and oval shaped. It measured 5.7 mm. I tried to research and discovered that this is a really bad thing. I'm 9 weeks today, no bleeding, and morning sickness just kicked in this last week. I was actually starting to feel confident and now I'm freaking out! Anyone have experience with this?

I had an enlarged yolk sac at one of my appointments but there was no fetal pole and was unfortunately a blighted ovum. If you saw the baby with a heartbeat, there is less of a chance of miscarriage than just a yolk sac with nothing else. I'm sure your doctor would have called you if they were concerned. If you are worried, phone them and tell them your concern. I really hope everything works out for you :hugs:

PS I had my first ultrasound at 7 weeks when my blighted ovum was discovered. I began bleeding around 9 weeks. The bleeding gradually became heavier until finally, at when I would have been 11 1/2 weeks, I passed the sac.

Unfortunately sounds light a blighted ovum as this was my experience in March. Sorry xxxx

Did they measure the baby as well? It could all be fine, being in limbo between scans is such torture tho :hugs:

My baby was 14 mm long with a heartbeat of 156 bpm. It was measuring right on track. I didn't even know about the weird yolk sac until I read my ultrasound report. Doctor called and told me she's not very concerned about it since baby was growing. That was at 7 wks 5 days and I'm now 9 weeks 2 days. I haven't had any bleeding. I have another ultrasound next week. I'm just so afraid it will be a missed miscarriage or something. My breasts have been way less sore the last week but morning sickness also started a week ago. I had a blighted ovum at 6 wks last year. It's definitely not that.

This was my scan from 7 wks 5 days

Attachments

• 20170531_122743.jpg
    20170531_122743.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 5
Beautiful scan, wishing you all the best for the next! If doctor isn't expressing concern try to appreciate that and not spend the time until the scan worrying too much. It's hard I know!

:hugs:

Lovely scan, good luck hun. I'm hoping that with no phone call that it's a good sign their not worried. Hope you keep us updated on how the ultrasound goes next week.

Looks perfect! Hope your next scan is just as good. There are always people on the top and bottom centiles for everything, could just be yours is top!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->