large yolk sac- 7w3d-- Any Positive Outcomes?

Febhuds

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, my husband and I were fortunate enough to get pregnant after 4 IVF attempts. Needless to say it has been a long journey for us. At our 7w3d ultrasound appointment we saw a HB and the baby growing nicely, but were crushed when the technician told us the yolk sac was 6.5mm and that the pregnancy would likely end in miscarriage. Later when we spoke with the doctor he was slightly more optimistic, although did say could be chromosomal issues. I have been all over the internet searching this issue and I have to say that most I read is not positive. Was just hoping for some positive stories - we go back on Friday and this will no doubt be the longest week of my life!

Any thoughts out there in the BnB world would be so appreciated!!

I'm sorry, I don't have any advice. Just wanted to say good luck for Friday. Xx

Hi Feb,
I'm not sure what 6.5mm converts to in weeks/days, but my yolk sac and gestational sac always measured 1-2 weeks behind until I was just over 9 weeks. I'm 13 weeks now and everything is still ok. Hope this helps!

So sorry you're going through this. I have no advice but I have my fingers tightly crossed for you :hugs: xxx

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Really hoping that it works out!

I went to the ER for spotting with my son, and I was told my yolk sac was large... Don't google it!!! I got scanned a week later and everything was perfect. My son is perfectly healthy with no chromosomal issues.

Hi, my sister had some spotting in early pregnancy. They gave her a early scan & she thought she should be about 8 weeks. They could only see a large sac on the external scan & they thought she was having a mc. She got really upset so she went for a walk around the hospital & they then said they would give her a internal scan. On the internal scan they found the baby with a heartbeat but with a large sac but baby only measuring just over 6 weeks. They said that it was possible that it could end in mc & to see how it goes. She had another scan 2 weeks later & the baby was growing fine but the sac was still on the large side but by the time she reached 12 weeks everything had evened out & she now has a healthy 2 year old. Really hope things work out for you. Xx

I really appreciate everyone's positive thoughts. The technician was so confident I will miscarry, I'm not sure if I should be optimistic about Friday or be preparing myself for a bad outcome. It seems like all the medical references doom anyone wiht a yolk sac over 6mm, but I've read lots of stories where women have had successful pregnancies despite a large yolk sac. This waiting is just killing me!

I'm sorry you are going through this! Sending thoughts and prayers your way!

Just wanted to follow up in case anyone else is searching this issue in the future. Unfortunately, we miscarried. I hope for a different outcome for anyone else in this position.

I'm so sorry for your loss. After 4 IVF's, I'm sure it's disheartening. But don't give up hope. I hope your next pregnancy sticks.

Just wanted to follow up in case anyone else is searching this issue in the future. Unfortunately, we miscarried. I hope for a different outcome for anyone else in this position.

I'm so very sorry to hear that!:hugs:

So sorry for your loss, praying that your next bean is a sticky one!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->