last chance for a romantic vacation

winterbabies3

Wife, Mother & Expecting
Reaction score
Dh and I got a hotel room that was in town and stayed the night and walked around downtown.

My toddler went to nana's for the weekend (two nights, he loved it) and we went to Bath (in UK) which was gorgeous, full of history and yummy places to eat.

Last time, we went to Hawaii for two weeks. This time, no trip planned as travelling with a 16-month-old is not a treat.

My whole pregnancy, I have been begging DH for one last Caribbean cruise. I love cruises and I daydream about being able to cruise all the time. However he held firm in saying no, and now I can no longer go, as you can't go after week 24.

We are only about a six hour drive away from Chicago, so once I accepted that he wasn't going to bend on a cruise, I started begging him to take a long weekend in Chicago to see some shows and the museums. However he keeps saying he doesn't want to spend the money on a vacation at all right now when we could be saving it for baby expenses.

Now I'm trying to work him down to a night in a bed and breakfast. Our two year wedding anniversary is coming up, so I think he might bend. But I'll be 32 weeks then and I'm not sure if I'll be comfortable enough to enjoy it.

We went to Edinburgh before DS but this time were not doing anything bar poss a evening together if things are still ok :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->