Last day at work and nothing...

teamandy

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wanted to highlight the fact that I have my own family who threw me a really nice big baby shower so this isn't about the gifts.

But I guess I feel a little bit sad/disappointed that at my workplace, its my last day tomorrow and my team (we're a group of about 12 people in our immediate team) didn't bother to do anything special for my departure.

This is sooo petty and at the end of the day, work is work and my coworkers are my coworkers right? However, we work in the gov so I always see tons of emails circulating about other people in other team throwing their coworker a surprise work baby shower or at least circulate a nice card. SOMETHING. And then in turn, I see that person fwding the baby's picture at work after the birth or bringing the baby in for a visit.

As for myself, we're not a close team like that but there has been many cards for people's bdays or retirement.

Once again, I know it sounds really selfish. Its not about receiving gifts or anything from people. But its my last day tomorrow and some people already left for xmas vacation and some didn't even say goodluck, bye nothing. I'm just sitting at my desk looking at the clock excited to leave but sad that no one at work actually cares.

Someone slap me out of it!

You think they'd at least do something, even if there was no gift. Just a good luck/keep us updated/we'll miss you. Its abit mean not acknowledging your departure at all.
Oh well, you know who your friends are and just dont sign cards or donate towards gifts for other colleagues in future. :lol:

That is unfair, however try not to let it bother you. You obviously know who your true friends are and who matters :)

Thanks:) Yeah...when i'll be home for that whole year, I wont even think of anyone from work. :thumbup:

Maybe they are planning on doing something for you tomorrow?? I also work for the government btw, but in Montreal.

Hey cool! I'm in Ottawa.

Nahh...there's a huge potluck, everyone is leaving early and its very festive.
Its ok. I'm actually excited to leave:) Yay:)

I really have appreciated everyone' support on this board. I will definitely be coming here for all my pregnancies. I feel like this board understands me better than any of my friends or my husband:p lol.

Happy holidays to all!!

xoxox

Awww! That sucks. I'd blame the holidays really. Everyone is so hectic right now. Probably just comes down to timing!

Hey cool! I'm in Ottawa.

Nahh...there's a huge potluck, everyone is leaving early and its very festive.
Its ok. I'm actually excited to leave:) Yay:)

I really have appreciated everyone' support on this board. I will definitely be coming here for all my pregnancies. I feel like this board understands me better than any of my friends or my husband:p lol.

Happy holidays to all!!

xoxox

Well you have the right attitude! Enjoy your leave. I had by first baby almost 5 years ago and it was the best year of my life! Plus we have it pretty good as gvt workers, they way they top up our benefits! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->