Last minute babymoon and nervous about flying?

9jawife

Mom of one
Reaction score
My husband and I are going to Negril, Jamaica at the end of this month. I'm really excited. We've been married for about two years and never had a honeymoon, so this is long awaited. I actually haven't had a 'real' vacation for over ten years, and him never.

I'm a bit nervous about flying though, not because of my pregnancy (I was cleared by my doctor's office and I know the precautions) but I've had a fear of flying for some years now. It was a full blown phobia at one point-I couldn't even go near a plane without breaking out in a cold sweat-but I got over that and was able to fly cross country by myself half a dozen times or so. But the last time there was a lot of turbulence heading over the Rocky Mountains, and it scared me a bit. I understand the turbulence is usually not bad flying over the Caribbean, but there's always the possibility, and then there's being crammed in with a bunch of strangers in the heat of June and the chance of the A/C not working.. :wacko:

Anyone else nervous about flying want to offer some consolation? I am just trying to focus on the positive-how lucky we are being able to take a Babymoon and have that quality time together. Besides, it's only a 4 hour flight, in 2 hour segments. I'm sure if I can fly cross country over and over I can handle this.

I am not a nervous flyer, but from what I have heard from people/seen on tv, instead of thinking of the whole journey ahead of you, break it up into steps. At first just concentrate on the trip to the airport, once you are there concentrate on checking your luggage in, once that is done focus on getting through customs & treat yourself to a bit of duty free shopping ;) then focus next just about getting on the plane & making yourself comfortable, then have your oh keep you calm by talking about how amazing the trip is going to be & what a good time you are going to have, maybe have some pictures to hand of those beautiful sandy beaches, lush seafood & yummy mocktails that you will have once you are there!

You will be fine, have an amazing babymoon! Also, def take some compression socks to wear & make sure you drink plenty of water :)

You will be fine, have an amazing babymoon! Also, def take some compression socks to wear & make sure you drink plenty of water :)

^^What Dani said!! I am a horrible flier and I end up flying a lot! Unfortunately when we went down to Mexico in November (at 14 weeks) I couldn't self-medicate with booze so I was more worried. I found focusing on baby steps helped and having a book/article/crossword or something that I was deeply involved in was a huge help! Either way, have fun!!:happydance: I loved the mocktails in Mexico and didn't have to deal with any hangovers like the rest of the group!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->