Last minute scan

Hanni82

Reaction score
Good day ladies!

My regular midwife is on annual leave and just had a sweep with another community midwife, I'm no further along than I was last week so I am a bit disappointed, but that's not really a concern as I'm booked in to be induced next week and with this being my first I am not too surprised.

However, the baby has been head down all along and in all my notes has been 3/5 engaged since march. My bump feels as it has all along but the midwife I saw today couldn't be too sure where the head is. I'm off to the hospital for a scan later and I didn't ask the midwife what would happen should the bump be head up? Should I take my hospital bag? Or will they stick with my induction date of Tuesday?

Han x

I would take your bag just in case. If baby isn't head down they might offer to try turning but if that doesn't work most hospitals suggest c-section (I believe, from the experience of friends). As you are already overdue they may not want to leave you incase labour starts naturally before the baby turns. I have heard some hospitals will allow you to try and deliver a breech baby naturally though.

Good luck :flower:

Thank you, I wasn't expecting her to say it and could have kicked myself for not asking a basic question like this!

Thank you, I wasn't expecting her to say it and could have kicked myself for not asking a basic question like this!

No worries! I always think of questions I should have asked after an appointment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->