Last Time?

ChimChims

Mom of two <3
Reaction score
I just wanted to acknowledge a recent milestone, which may end up being our last. Sunday my LO and I made it to 30 months - two and a half years. :) We were able to breastfeed right away after my cesarean, we spent the entire three days in the hospital latching and getting skin to skin as much as possible, we started out EBF and stayed that way until nine months (when she started a little bit of solids). She wasn't fully on solids until around 13-15 months old. We've co-slept, baby-worn... we have done EVERYTHING with this bond of ours that I wish I had the guts to do with my first. It is a beautiful journey we are on. :)

I dried up at 9 months with my first, and was not informed about how to stop it or relactate. Now my second little girl, nine years later, is weaning herself. :) I seem to be drying or even dried up already. She still latches at naps (when she has them... not every day), and at night.

I believe she is only comfort nursing, but I don't mind. I will be her pacifier as long as she needs. :baby: I am a little bit sad, but overall I am pleased that we reached this self-weaning stage. Breastfeeding this time has been everything I ever hoped. I will sincerely miss this special thing that we do together. :cry:

So, for perhaps the last time I thought I would post about how much I cherish this beautiful act. Thank you ladies for offering support the times I needed it. I wish I had known about baby and bump or had access to the same kind of support the first time around. You all are amazing and wonderful! :flower:

Congrats on your precious baby! :) Yay, for being over halfway done!

Congratulations on reaching such a beautiful milestone!

Congrats on the milestone! I too will miss it more than anything once she self weans. Like you I just love the bond, and she comfort nurses all the time, especially at night.

Congrats to you, making it to nearly 3 years! :)

My daughter squeezed my breast last night and asked for milkies and then said "It not working!" which confirms that she's only comfort sucking. I'm already on 12 fenugreek a day. Is there any way at all to begin relactating? My body apparently stopped before she was finished. Is there anything I can do to bring back milk to her nernies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->