Late AF....ideas?

Mamabel

Reaction score
So, it's been 9 weeks tomorrow (not that I'm counting) since the D&C and no AF. My uterus is so swollen, I look 4 months pregnant (which I should be , grrr!). After checking in with the midwife today, she leaves me a voice message to outline my options, which apparently are:

1. Keep waiting and when AF gets here it will be h*ll (her words)
2. Go on progesterone for 10 days to trigger AF, which involves 10 days of PMS: being frustrated and b*tchy (again, her words, because she apparently doesn't know that I already am frustrated and b*tchy!!)
3. Do some herbal treatment or other, to be described in more detail when we talk tomorrow.

Okay, so basically I have 3 totally crappy options. Really, I should be 17 weeks pregnant right now, waiting for the baby to quicken, and not dealing with this sh*t!!! I am so hot, tired and frustrated (it's 95 degrees and humid here), I need a month-long vacation, I am fat, swollen, and bloated for all the wrong reasons, and to top it all off today, my boobs decided to fill up and leak! (no, not pregnant, and have no idea what that means...just figure it's additional torture)

Sometimes I just want to go to sleep and wake up in August with normal hormones and a BFP. This s***cks!!!!!:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Oh yeah, in addition to my needing to rant and rave a bit, does anyone have any ideas for me? sigh.

this might sound silly but it sound like to me you might still have residual HCG in your system. Maybe take a HPT to get some idea? Either that or a raised prolactin level, hench the leeky boobs. this would also stop AF from coming. Its way many breatfeeding women dont get AF. i would ask to have a blood test and a scan done to find out whats going on.

when you get the results form the blood work i'ld suggest you take the progesterone to bring on AF.

i hope this helps

If its provera to start your AF its not as bad as she says I would do that. I have taken it before. I have done herbal remedies to bring on AF does not seem to work.

Good Luck :hugs:

Glad u asked mamabel im coming up 2 7 weeks and just want the old witch to hurry up. I still test + and have a bit of tissue, going for a scan next week and if there is still a + and tissue I will ask for some progesterone please!

Mamabel, I agree with Aussie, your prolactin levels sound way too high since you have leaky boobs. That would definitely hinder AF from coming on. I would get blood work done to test your levels.

I do progesterone cream after I Ov and it doesn't make me bitchy at all. It is a smaller amount than what you might need to take though. Sorry you are going through this hon.

Thanks ladies. I decided to try the Provera, but don't start it until Tuesday. Of course, last night I get wicked cramps and I am soooo uncomfortable. No AF yet...but coming soon? The midwife says that when it comes (and this may be it) it will be like "the worst period you've ever had times ten." Great.

Anyone else been down this road?

hi honey well i just went 16 weeks without af and it was hell but i started taking my agnus castus and i think that may of regulated my cycles or lack of it!! its herbal and regulates your cycle and helps with ovulation so might be worth looking into for you. i so know how you feel honey and it finally arrived and i have never been so happy so dont lose hope honey your in my thoughts let me know how you get on x sylv x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->