Late birth story of DYlan William-a natural, unassisted birth of an 11lber!!

roc

mummy to Dylan!
Reaction score
This is very late, but i'd thought i'd still like to share my birth story, especially as it was a somewhat unusual one!

Anyhow, i'd been having contractions on/off for a few days, when i had an ob appoinment, i was 3 cm dilated, and she gave me a sweep,things started gearing up that evening, but unfortunately next day, i got very ill, like i had flu, couldn't move, so things seemed to stop a bit..

Next day started again, but i just thought, they were 'twinges' as the previous days 'twinges' amounted to nothing... so i kind of ignored them, weren't too painful anyhow, so started timing them, were 2 mins apart, called triage who said you better come in as you may be further on than you think, i didn't really believe her, as i wasn't in massive amounts of pain, though i do have a high pain threshold!

So, got into the bath, and all of a sudden there was a popping sound, and my waters started gushing, and i saw meconium in them-not too much though, i only had a minute to worry about that though, as the contractions suddenly got REALLY intense, and were on top of each other, my hubby had an awful time getting me to the hospital, didn't help he was running round like a headless chicken..but i digress..

We made it to the hospital, where hubby pulled the car up outside the door, a security guard came running out,a s he had heard my screaming, and got my name, then apparently let triage know i was there, i managed to get myself to the triage door- don't know where my hubby disapeared to, only to realise, everyone was waiting outside, as they had cleared them out, so there was a very freaked out group of preggers ladies all staring at me screaming!

Anyhow, got in and was 8cm gone already, and was starting to feel the urge to push, midwife got me gas and air, and hubby arrived in, without my notes or anything, still don't know what he was doing, even the car was still left running with doors open etc..!

They then transferred me to delivery, and in the 5 mins it took to get me there, i'd dilated to 10cm...

I said i wanted to push, they said go ahead, so i started...and much to my embarrassment er...proceede to um..poo my way through labour:blush:
As much pain as i was in i still knew what was going on, and was trying to pull my hubby back from the business end so to speak..:blush:

So.an hour or so later, there were some concerns over babies heartbeat, so they attached a clip, and his heartrate started dropping, they then hit the alarm, and started prepping for a forceps delivery, as he wasn't coming...
He moved along a bit, but then got shoulder dystocia, which is basically getting stuck behind your pubic bone, which is an emergency life/death situation for baby, so they took gas and air off me, and said you have 2 pushes to get baby out, or we're using forceps, so i managed to push him out, with zero pain relief, whilst they used manouvres to get him out of the shoulder dystocia...

He had great apgar scores of 8 then 10 in spite of everything, and was only stuck for 10 seconds in the end.. i ended up with 3rd degree tears, but am fine now after being stitched up in surgery...

They then weighed him...10lbs 15oz, midwife was in shock, and he became quite the celebrity, in the hospital, as no-one had done a natural delivery of a baby that big before, or even any other kind of delivery!

Dylan did spend some time in special care afterwards, due to an infection, but it was nothing to do with the delivery, he is ok now though, and i'm very proud of my beautiful little boy!

Attachments

• 100_0834.jpg
    100_0834.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_1168.jpg
    100_1168.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 36
Wow, congrats hun, he's lovely. Well done you.

Congratulations hun! he's gorgeous! great name too ;)

Congratulations! He is gorgeous, well done and hope you are recovering well from your tear.x.

Wow well done hun
what a big boy!!

I was a homebirth hopeful too but my lil guy was term+ 14 so I ended up with induction

Dawson was 10lb 7oz yday at 3weeks + lol -cant imagine giving birth to a baby even bigger than he is now haha -OMG well done to you!!!!

xx enjoy your son xx

Wow! I couldn't imagine giving birth to a baby that big! Well done!
He's so cute :D

Great job mommy
Huge congrats he is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow and was that your first? AMAZING... congratulations xxx

Omg I saw the title and thought you meant unassisted in the traditional sense! Well done you though!

Wow he is gorgeous and well done you on the birth!!!!!!!!!!

xx

11lb :shock:

Congratulations.

Welcome to the world Dylan.

V xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members