Late developer

princess31

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know all babies develop at different times but since my Dr seems to be concerned I now am!
My lo is 8 months and is not sitting at all, he doesn't seem to want to in all honesty - he pushes back all the time but then he's not happy on his back either. He rolls from back to front but not front to back which he get's very frustrated with, He can't crawl. He likes standing but by no means is steady on his feet yet.

Anyone else have a baby that was late to develop like this, just want some reassurance.

Thanks

Erin can sit up on her own but has never rolled over, can't crawl, can take weight on her legs but like Louis is not really steady. My hv is not concerned has she is a really happy, healthy baby. I know it will come in time, I shouldn't worry. xx

I'm no expert but he doesn't sound late to me.

If there was a problem with his hips which would hold im back from crawling/ walking I think it would have been picked up by now. Did the doc say what in particular is concerning?

I read things on here about babies doing this and that at 4/5/6 months old ... then I think of babies I know in real life and there is often quite a difference I can tell you!

Thanks for the replies.

He had a bit of a rough start in life, started fitting just after birth so I think they're just keeping a close eye on him. Fingers crossed!

He should be fine. Have you tried getting a Bumbo chair? They help with posture. Also, I sit and play with Peyton, I have him sit in front of me and I sit behind him. That way if he falls backwards, I'm right there to catch him. Peyton is pretty good about sitting up, but after awhile I think he just gets lazy and falls so one of us needs to be by his side still when he is sitting by himself.

Your LO will learn in time, just keep working with him. Like you said, all babies are different.

I don't think that sounds very out of the ordinary personally. Bethanie was a bit "late" with crawling (11 months), and standing firmly on her feet/pulling herself up. I wouldn't worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->