late mc 22weeks. when can i start again

jojo23

mum to 1 angel baby
Reaction score
hi ladies. im new to this forum and jus wanted some advice. i had a late mc at 22 weeks due to lack of fluid around the baby. i was just wondering how long to leave it before we even have sex again! im nervous as i dont want to upset my body anymore than it has been so i dont want to have sex too soon and i know ill have to wait for my first cycle but is it ok to start trying straight away or do i leave it a few months????my thoughts to you all who have lost little angels xxxx

So sorry to hear about your loss. I also suffered a late loss (20 weeks) and I waited one cycle to try again. Fell pregnant on second cycle and that pregnancy ended at 6 weeks. Uncontrolled thyroid disease played a part in both losses. As for your question about waiting more than one cycle, you should talk to your doctor and then decide. If your feeling strong enuf go for it girl. Whatever you decide be prepared for some really strong emotions when you fall pregnant again. Honestly i was terrified and it put a great deal of emotional stress on me, but i dont think that is uncommon in this forum. Also i didnt have to go through labor as my body didnt respond to the cytotek and pitocin, so after surgery my hormones and bleeding were back to normal faster. If your body is still healing give it time, your doc will know when your body is healed but only u will know when your heart is. Goodluck hun, on whatever you decide. :)

I am so sorry for your loss. it is up to you when you try again once you are some what mentally better from your loss, some ladies wait a few months others try straight away it is your decision x

hi ladies. im new to this forum and jus wanted some advice. i had a late mc at 22 weeks due to lack of fluid around the baby. i was just wondering how long to leave it before we even have sex again! im nervous as i dont want to upset my body anymore than it has been so i dont want to have sex too soon and i know ill have to wait for my first cycle but is it ok to start trying straight away or do i leave it a few months????my thoughts to you all who have lost little angels xxxx

Hey
Sorry for you're loss :( :cry:

In all honesty you can try when you are ready.
If you havent stopped bleeding yet then dont try just yet, you must wait till the bleeding stops as its a risk of infection.
But once that stops you can try when you are ready.

My dr last week told me that the first 3 months after MC or even giving birth, your more likely to concieve. but of course dont try if you are not ready.

Me and my OH are kind of trying.. but it's a case of we are having sex but we aren't making it a thing of "we are doing this for a baby"

If i dont concieve im not bothered... as i clearly wasnt meant to concieve at the time..

But like i said.. try when you are ready..
and even if you think you are ready for example tomorrow, then you can try, don't go through the thoughts i did which was "what will people think of me" and "i bet people will think im just replacing what i lost"
but its not that im replacing.

good luck xxxx

i lost at 19 weeks. i tried straight away but af came so i missed that egg. i am now trying again. grateful i got my af give me a good clean out and time to think more about my loss. I will never forget my son and visit his grave often but having another wil help me get over my loss. my consultant said your physically ready again but wait til your mentally ready. I was a few weeks later... hoping for a xmas baby and to be past my 19 weeks mark as it will more than likely fall on my lost babys due date.. scarie.. but fingers crossed, think positive..

thanks ladies ill definitely try as soon as im ready. mentally im coping ok good days and bad as im sure your all the same. i will of course be so nervous as i was so late losing this little one but i really want this so i think the rewards outweigh the risks! hope to hear some great news from you all soon thinking of you all xxxx

hi everyone , sorry for your losses, i lost my 3 beautiful girls on christmas eve. they wer 23+ 3 weeks. they lived for a couple of hours then they died in my arms. apparently i had an infection. bacterial vaginitis. we are kind of ttc. im now on my 2nd cycle on 8dpo. i guess if my body is ready ,ill catch the eggy:spermy:. we will just wait and see.

its tough isnt it??:cry:
shauna 22/12/10
aine 24/12/10
caitlin 24/12/10
r.i.p my beautiful girls:angel::angel::angel:

:dust::dust::dust:

I ready with later loss's that at 20 weeks you should wait longer because your body been pregnant longer. BUT each to there own I'm the first to encourage when YOU feel ready then start your TTC Journey, best of luck hon. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss, I had a loss at 22 weeks. DTD two weeks later after the delivery, AF came back 5 weeks after delivery, just started cycle 2 ttc. My OB said I could start ttc imediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->