Late night nursing chat thread.

Xpecta

Reaction score
I swear there used to be a thread like this, but I guess not? Anyways, I thought I'd start something for all you ladies who reach for your phone/tablet/computer or whatever when nursing to help keep yourself awake during those late night feeds.

Tonight isn't so bad. My son Christopher is 9 days old and wakes 3 hours after he's done eating. It's so nice that he waits three hours AFTER he's done eating!

He initially lost 10% of his body weight. He gained an ounce or two since then. But because he was so early, they're keeping a close eye on him. But he's doing very well, and we're topping up with formula every feed for now.

Anyways, so if anyone wants to chat, please post! I look forward to making some late night chat friends!

I'm now up at 3am & my LO has not slept more than an hour. I am exsausted.....and everytime he goes sleepy after a feed he just hates being put down in his cot. X

Hey my little one is like that too...it's tiring right. My LO is coming up to 3 weeks old and always wants to be held, it's ok though I like the cuddles. Have you read up about the fourth trimester? It's interesting and doesn't make me feel so guilty about holding her all the time xx

Calling the first weeks the "4th trimester" is so appropriate. I love that comparison.

Anyway, It's almost midnight here. My boy has been asleep for nearly 4 hours... I've been trying to get a couple of hours of sleep myself, but I just can't get to sleep. at this point I know he will be waking to eat soon so what's the point.

I'm waiting right now too. Its about 12:30am and Christopher is due to eat at 1. So I'm just waiting. I'm so sorry you guys have to deal with the 4th trimester! That sounds really tough! I'm on baby #3, and I've never had to deal with that. This baby is so far our best one :) I'm thankful. How are you guys dealing with it?

This is the fourth trimester https://babycalmblog.com/2012/07/06...y-your-newborn-is-only-happy-in-your-arms-30/

Well, now it's just after 4 am and I'm feeding. He woke up a bit early. Not sure why. I hope it doesn't become a new routine! My eyes feel pretty heavy right now. Usually I'm pretty good, but today is a bit harder. Not quite sure why. Anyways, I hope all you other ladies are doing well!

Hello there.... :) It's really good we have a community like this to share our experiences and support each other and even to stay late nursing :)

I agree! So helpful! How are you doing?

4th trimester is interesting...really does make sense!

(I read up about it when I was feeding him probably for the 10th time last night lol.)

Been a while since she woke up between 9 and 2... 12.30, and kept waking up a lot after. So exhausted!

Mummymoo - Yeah, I read up on the 4th trimester too. It does make sense. Are you experiencing that?

Perplexed, how often does she wake at night?

Made it through another night!:happydance: my baby did really well. He woke every couple of hours until bout 4 when it was every hour. It's difficult cos he isn't interested in the second breast right away and it think that's why he was waking up and was really ravenous and he gets himself in a state and is more frantic latching. Wow that hurts sometimes!:wacko:

Can't believe I've got 5 full days of nursing under my belt. I never made it this afar with ds. Still taking it a day at a time as I've not set a target for how long to bf for.

Good for you! Why didn't you make it that far breast feeding your other? That's excellent that it's working out for you! How are you managing emotionally?

Xpecta: it used to be every 2 hrs round the clock then was every 2-3 hrs round the click. At week 8 she started sleeping at 9 and waking up at 2 at the earliest but usually later (compensated by semi continuous nursing from the moment we wake up till bed time lol). But last night it was 9 to 12.30 then 1.30 till almost 3...then ever hour and a half since, but had a few breaks during the day. It isn't so bad but I was already really exhausted last night. Feeling better today though!!

Delamere: well done! I feel you are taking it one day at a time which is really the best kind of attitude :)

I'm really having trouble with my LO at night. I feed him until he seems satisfied, most of the time he will go sleepy...( i try blowing on his face, tickling his feet to encourage him but he still seems satisfied) when he looks like he's asleep I decide to make the brave decision of moving him to his cot but when I get into bed he will wake up and I'll have to start the whole process again. Which has sometimes ended up in sleepless nights.

any advice? I'm worried hes too cold but petrified of over heating him x

We moved LO to his own room last week and I am actually getting a lot LESS sleep. I'm watching him stir a little on the video monitor. Let's see if he wakes up. oh, the anticipation is killing me.

and regarding the "4th trimester" ... i'm pretty sure my 3 month old still thinks he is in the womb. lol. he's so attached. usually i love it, but it's tiring. and my husband thinks he is too much of a mama's boy :shhh::shhh:

Mummymoo: my LO did that a lot at 2 weeks, drove me crazy. It was so stressful! I bet people that co-sleep don't have this kind of problem! I don't co-sleep but cot is right in front of our bed. She doesn't do it anymore but I think it might only be a matter of time!

Edit: I realized co sleeping is mom and baby in the same room, I was thinking of bed sharing. We co sleep but don't bed share.

Kung_pao mama: I think I'll go read about that 4th trimester

Oh man.. I just lost my whole reply I just spent so much time typing out on my phone.... I'm too tired to write it out again at this point. I'll try again later. Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->