Late Ovulation

Mummy1506

Mummy of 2 boys :)
Reaction score
hello.

I'm cd 2 of my first cycle post MC & I've always had long cycles with late ovulation around cd 29 with 12 day lp.

Is there anything that can bring my ovulation forward closer to cd 20 it's so frustrating waiting 4 weeks to just ovulate! My doctor said it wouldn't have caused the MC but it does play on my mind ovulating that late into a cycle.

Thanks

Following as currently on cycle 1 TTC off the pill and on CD22 but think ov is coming soon...

I feel ya! I ovulate CD28 however nearly three years ago I had pcos and ovulated on cd42 and currently have a sleeping 2 year old - late ovulation doesn't always mean bad eggs. Sorry to hear about your mc, unfortunately I have no tips on how to bring it forward...

I'm in a similar position- I tend to have long cycles and ovulate late.

I'm currently 21 days past a 15 week loss and no signs of ovulation yet.

I have soya isoflavones to try next month- they're supposed to be 'natures Clomid' and induce ovulation. I'm going to take it dYs 3-7 next month.

I'm not alone in this then! I also have PCOS or I was told I did when I was younger & still have longer cycles.

Loraloo, so sorry see another sleeping baby totally heartbreaking.

I've also just purchased soya I'm cd 3 so going to start today not sure on the dosage though should I take 2 or 3 as they are 40mg ?

There is a soya thread on here hun have you seen it? From what I can gather you should take double what you would of clomid. I think 50mg is the starting dose of clomid- so I would personally take 80g or 120g but I'm far from an expert.
Me personally- would probably go straight for the 120g and take 3. Some women seem to increase the dose throughout the 5 days but I don't understand the reasoning behind this?
Hope it works for you- will you keep us updated? Xx

I was going to suggest Soy Isoflavones, but I see someone else has already advised it. It is good and works for many people. I ovulate late too (usually after CD25) and I took it the cycle we conceived our daughter. My ovulation moved forward to CD13 that time. I'm taking it again now for the first cycle (well I took it CD2-6), but it doesn't seem to be working as well this time. CD15 and no sign of ovulation yet. I had EWCM and a temp rise, but then it fell again, so no ovulation there then. No cm anymore, so I don't know how long it will take. Waiting so long to ovulate is so frustrating, so I feel your pain!!

Squirrel what dose do you take? How strange it worked the first time but doesn't seem to be doing so now?

I took quite a high does this time. I took 150mcg for the first two days and then 200mcg for the next three days (I once read taking increasing doses works better - I did with my daughter too, but smaller doses). I'm using a different brand this time, so maybe that's it? Or my dose was too high, so it messed me up maybe? I'll take smaller doses if I don't fall pregnant this cycle. I wonder if maybe these tablets aren't as good as the other ones I took. Last time my temperature dropped like a stone the longer I took the tablets and then my temperature went back up after I stopped. This time I didn't notice my temperature dropping as noticeably, so maybe they aren't working the same way. I also just stopped breastfeeding a few weeks back, so that may be messing with things too... oh I'm just so frustrated with my body. First I waited six months to start ovulating again and now six months later again my cycles are just so irregular and long.

Last time I took these (and calculated for how much soy was in them):
https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/s...rett-soya-isoflavones-capsules-750mg-60000005

This time I took these (and calculated for how much soy was in them):
https://www.justvitamins.co.uk/Herbal-Supplements/Soya-Isoflavones-100mg.aspx#.Ve11c51VhBc

They do have good reviews, so clearly they're not too bad. Maybe it is just me :( The things is my breasts are hurting and I've had mild ovary pains for several days, so something is clearly happening... I'm hoping it will all kick off soon, but I'm just so impatient. I had a chemical last cycle, which has just made me feel so frustrated to be so close, then back to the arduousness of TTC again.

Yeah I'd be frustrated too. Can I ask what brand you took last time? I have got Natures Best to try- they were the first ones I came across tbh x

Thanks loraloo. I'll look into those, I edited my post above to show the ones I'm taking.

Ooh good to hear they moved your ovulation I really hope it works like that for me too!

I've got mine from tesco hope they're the right ones! I will look for the thread on here see what info I can find then thanks.

Well that's my first lot taken so will let you know what happens in the next couple weeks! X

I'm on CD3 as well - I don't know if I should take them, I conveived my little girl on them but I hadn't ovulated in 10 months at that stage... I thought you were only supposed to have them if you didn't ovulate at all?

Hi ladies- I am on cd46 or So after getting off the bcp. I am trying vitex (angus chasteberry) I think which is supposed to help regulate periods. My temps r super low after getting off of the bcp so I know something is off. Every time my body tries to ovulate, it's super uncomfortable...I get super fatigued:sleep:, Lotsa pain and bloat like a balloon. Any relief would be great!

I'm on CD3 as well - I don't know if I should take them, I conveived my little girl on them but I hadn't ovulated in 10 months at that stage... I thought you were only supposed to have them if you didn't ovulate at all?

From what I've read you can still take them if you ovulate as it helps produce a better quality egg x

Yes I've read about the egg quality too part of the reason I'm giving them a try, my cycles are a little irregular too so fingers crossed they work.

CD13 still not even a faint line on my opks so I don't think it's going to help me ovulate earlier :(

Some interesting info here.

I'm currently CD 34, and I think I either ovulated late or missed ovulation completely this month. My usual cycle is 29-31 days.
I think I may give soya a go as I'm in my late 30s so time is not on my side and it doesn't sound like it would hurt! Also I have to travel for work when I (supposedly) next ovulate so if this helps me to ovulate earlier that would be great.

Drinking 2 cups of spearmint tea a day helped me ovulate to conceive my 2nd daughter. I thought I was having a anovulatory cycle as I hadn't ovulated by cd30 so started drinking spearmint tea and on cd35 I found out I ovulated on cd33 and got pregnant that month! I swear by it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->