Late period on clomid?

MrsD140810

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just taken my first month of clomid tablets after being diagnosed with secondary infertility. I had two miscarriages followed by a year of being unable to get pregnant.

Apparently my progesterone levels are low and I do not ovulate. However, I still always get periods.

My period is late and never is normally. I have had spotting since Friday and period type cramps but it's not turned up. (I know I'm not pregnant as I had a blood test which indicates I still haven't ovulated :()

Has anyone else had any problems with their period when on clomid?

Hi was your periods regular before taking clomid ? When I was put on it my periods wasn’t regular so didn’t make a difference. X

Thanks for your reply. Yep, despite not ovulating I still had regular periods. I am never late normally. It’s just so frustrating.

Might be worth ringing the clinic did u have a 21 day blood test? As some research shows these ain’t accurate If you ovulated later than normal what was your numbers?

Hi! I had this happen to me before in a clomid cycle because the dose I was on wasn't strong enough to make me ovulate. Also, clomid thins out your uterine lining so the period that you get may be short, light or scanty. As a pp said it would be best to ask for a progesterone test to see if you did ovulate on the dose you were given and if not, ask for a 10 day course of progesterone to jump start your next cycle with a higher dose.

FWIW, I always did better on Femara instead of Clomid, but I have PCOS and other issues that led me to injectables instead. My first two cycles on clomid I did ovulate, but then I became clomid resistant after that.

Hope this helps!

I agree with pp about Femara I had no luck on two rounds of clomid but first round of Femara 5mg I fell pregnant x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->