Laundry detergent tablet in dishwasher....

Pearls18

Reaction score
My mum bless her was down for the weekend and cleared up after the roast I cooked, she has since left, I noticed some water on the kitchen floor (not a lot) opened my dishwasher and noticed the obvious smell of laundry detergent....my mum must have put one of those tablets in by mistake lol. Everything looks fine, I'm guessing the water on the floor could be from excess suds, but I am very aware that laundry tablets are very alkaline it's been in the news recently about them being poisonous and children accidentally eating them. I have run the dishwasher again with a proper tablet and am hoping it'll smell more normal, do you think the dishes etc will be ok to eat from? And do you think the dishwasher will be ok?!

Can you run it with some dishwasher salt?

Can you run it with some dishwasher salt?

How do you mean? There is salt in the salt compartment because there always has to be some in there. The cycle has just finished from using a normal tablet and there's still suds in the bottom :/ I think the dishes etc are ok because they don't smell.

My mum uses some dishwasher cleaning thing? I thought it was salt but maybe its something else. If not i'd just run it without anything in.

Do a rinsing cycle after emptying it. Or better an eco cycle without adding any powder/tablets.

I would run it once just on rinse, too, just to be sure. You could add a cup of white vinegar, too, to neutralize any alkaline leftovers, but the rinse cycle will probably do it. Yay! Wrinkle- and stain-free dishes! :dishes:

Haha wrinkle free indeed! Thanks everyone, I will look into how to do a rinse only wash, I'm only used to my normal wash lol! Still stinks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->