Laurie's story

toby2

Mum of 1,expecting #2
Reaction score
Laurie’s birth story
Having given me several scares by being breech Laurie was in the right position but my last scan so everything was ok for my vbac. Saw my midwife on the Wednesday for a sweep and was 2-3cm dilated, got a bit excited and thought things may happen but nothing! Had reflexology on Friday and then started getting period type pains. On Saturday morning I had about four hours of weak contractions about 10mins apart but could tell they weren’t going anywhere and they tailed off so I was getting one every 20mins or so-by the evening I was very grumpy and cross about everything but about 10pm things suddenly changed and my contractions got stronger and were getting closer together-bounced on my ball and put on my tens machine which helped and set off for the hospital. My sister and hubby came with me, we got there about 11.30 by which time I was 4cm. I had to be hooked up and continuously monitored because of my previous section and because I was on my ball they couldn’t get a good trace so decided to break my waters and put a clip on the baby’s head. Started with the gas and air and things changed very quickly after my waters were broken, contraction felt different and I had an urge to push so they examined me and I was fully dilated-did a quick blood test on baby as his BP kept dropping but his was fine so they told me it was ok to push-I really didn’t like that part, it freaked me out quite alot!luckily had sis, hubby and lovely midwife to talk me through it-seemed to take ages to push the baby out and in the end they took the gas and air away from me to get him out, had to have a quick cut but I didn’t even notice and then Laurie came into the world and was put on my tummy at 4.04- what an amazing feeling, I never thought I would experience a birth like it.
The stitches after were horrible but I had my lovely boy to look at as daddy held him-Laurie fed quite quickly and after a quick shower I just got to sit and hold and feed him-lovely!
[IMG]https://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/sandandwater2007/DSC00697.jpg[/IMG]

So gorgeous, I'm glad you got your Vbac. Love his name, reminds me of Laurie, the girls neighbour in Little women.

Aww yay! Lovely story :D Congratulations on your gorgeous little man!

aww great! glad you got a vbac....well done!
congrats on your gorgeous little boy! thanks for sharing!

Congratulations babe he is gorgeous! :friends: xx

Hey Toby :wave:

Massive congrats hun, he is just so gorgeous

:hugs:

he's beautiful :D well done xx

thank you :) was really pleased i managed my vbac, if i am honest i never thought i would!

Congrats on your gorgeous boy - I love his name!

Congratulations toby, DH on the safe arrival of Laurie!

Laurie is just adorable!

Thanks for sharing your birth story hun ... well done you on a wonderful birth!

xxxx

Congrats Toby2. I've finally found this section :yipee:

So pleased you got VBAC as I know how much you wanted it. HOpe all is going well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->