Lawn pesticides or pest control during pregnancy

Jinnah

Reaction score
Normally (when I am not pregnant), we have someone come spray our yard for weeds (once a year) and we also spray outside for ants and spiders (about once a year)... usually in March or April. Now that I am pregnant, I am not so sure we should do this. At the same time, I'm not sure if it's any better to wait until the baby is born... that could be worse with a newborn.

Any thoughts? Do we just leave the weeds and spiders/ants until next year?

I think it should be fine. We have people come spray our lawn for weeds and do bug spraying as well. I have 3 little dogs and two kids, and we just wait to send them out until the spray has dried, usually a few hours.

We had a pest control guy at our old place and I made sure with them that it was safe for kids and pets. Just wait til it dries. :) It was even ok for inside. I just made sure the kids didn't mess with it til dried.

We have our outside treated and also have been told to give it a few hours (3-4) before letting kids or our pets go outside...

when they spray indoors they ask us to leave with pets and come back after 4hrs and ventilate the house.

I work in an area that regulates these sorts of products. I know it's similar here to the US, and while it depends a lot on the specific chemicals they are using, generally anything that they are allowed to use in a domestic/home setting won't be too toxic, and shouldn't have any specific effects on reproduction/development/children. But definitely avoid having any contact with whatever they spray when pregnant, wait until the spray has dried at least until you enter those areas, and keep children away until then or even for a couple of days if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->