Lawrence/Laurence?

Zephram

Reaction score
I'm pregnant with baby number 3, which I strongly suspect will be a third boy - I have no proof at this early stage, but I would be downright shocked if it turns out to be a girl! :haha:

I feel like I used up my two best boy name choices on DS1 and 2 and literally have no names on my list, until I rediscovered Lawrence. I always liked this name as a kid but forgot all about it.

What do you think of Lawrence when you hear it and would you spell it Lawrence or Laurence? Is it too old fashioned or stuffy? Is Lawrie a cute nickname or cringy?

I have a friend named Lawrence I think it's a good name. I personally prefer it spelled with a W

I like it a lot. It made my short list before dh said no. I like it with a w as well.

I like it! My grandad and dad are both Laurence. I know of other people with the name too. :) Are you pronouncing the nickname Lori or Lou-w-ree (lou as in loud) if you can figure that out? 😂 That is what some people call my Grandad too. :)

Love it. It would be near the top of our name list but DH's mum and step dads surname surname is Lawrence so for us it's a no but it's a gorgeous name.

Thanks everyone. I think I'm leaning towards the spelling with the w.

Laurie sounds like 'lorry' to me.

I haven't raised it with OH yet, I have a feeling he won't be too keen on the name, but will have to see. I don't think he wants to discuss names until we know it's a girl or boy.

My OHs brother is Laurence. I like it. Prefer the spelling above over the W.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->